Thread: WD5000AAKS HDD Keeps on Restarting

WD5000AAKS HDD Keeps on Restarting

I have got the system of Windows 7 along with me and having the HDD that is of Western Digital WD5000AAKS HDD that is of 500 GB. Also I am using the option of the graphic card along with it that is of Nvidia. The working of the HDD is the best along with the system when I started using it along with the system. But a new issue is being faced in it, is that the system is being restarted in it whenever I connect the potable hard disk in it. And also it is that I have been using the portable HDD since long but have no idea why this issue is being faced by me. Please help me out with the issue that is being used by me.

Re: WD5000AAKS HDD Keeps on Restarting

You can at the start just make the use of the updating of the firmware that you are using in the system and then see that whether it is working out well for it. And also it is that you can just try the update and then it is that whether it is working out for it or not. The main thing that you can do is that if you have done any of the changes in the system then it is that the issue of the restarting is being faced by the system that you are using. Firmware is said to be the main thing when you are using a system and if changes is being done in it then the system is bound to be restarting in it. When you connect the portable HDD then it is that some of the changes are being done in the system that you are using.

The issue can also be of the port to which you are connecting the portable HDD, and it happens that the port might not be working out well and so you will have got the issue of the portable not working out properly. Sometimes it happens that some of the harmful contents are being saved up in it that may lead to the issue of the restarting of the system that you are using. And when you are not being able to connect then it is sure that some viruses might have affected the system that you are using thorough the HDD.

You can also try and just change the USB wire that you are using along with the portable HDD. It happens that sometimes the wire might be having some or the other issues in it, like the issue of the rust is the one problem that might be faced by the wire that you are using for the connection. It happens that when you try the connection using the wire which is being rusted then the issue is being faced by you. So the only option is that you have to change the wire that you are using for the connection to the system along with the portable HDD.

And last but not the least is that you can just make updates in the drivers that you are using and then it is that you can just try out with the system that you are using. Driver updates is the must when you’re system is restating continuously. Driver updates will make the changes in it and also it is that will allow you to work out well in it without restarting the system that you are using. And also you can try to use the controller in the driver that you are using.