Thread: WD Passport Cannot Be Ejected

WD Passport Cannot Be Ejected

I have got ample of knowledge for the WD Passort that I am using in the system after reading the details a bit here and there, I guess that some of the mistake that is being made by me to keep running SmartWare for the backup had lead to an issue in the system. SmartWare is taking appalling amounts of time to react for any of the changes that I am doing in the system. I not able to change the tabs. The drive it seems to be functioning, as the white light is alternating and then it is blinking. I have beforehand managed to exit the programme by using task manager, and then tried to remove the drive. But I still wanted to do a backup of my files so I have restarted the computer, and then connected the drive again in it. I have no idea what is the issue that is being faced by it, and I am not able to stop the working of the SmartWare and also the portable is not being ejected by the system that I am using. Please help me out with this.

Re: WD Passport Cannot Be Ejected

The first and the basic step that should be followed by you is that you can just shut down the system that you are using and then remove all the drives that is present in it. When you have removed all the drive from it you then have to remove the Smartware software that you are using in it for the purpose of the backup and then just see that how it is working out in it. And then you have to make the setting in it again and then just see that whether it is working out well for the system that you are using. And also you have see to the connection of the portable that you are doing it for the system.

You just have to see that what is the backing up of the software that is the use of Smartware is satisfactory and not at all the best as it is working out in various other systems. But you perhaps will just try two things if you wouldn’t have done for the system that you are using. You can also try to uninstalling the software of the Smartware and then install the latest version of Smartware in it. Also try to keep the drive disconnected when you are performing this task.

And if the procedure is not successful, the you can try uninstalling the antivirus program such as Norton or any of the other antivirus program that you are using for the system. And still if the above software is failed or unsuccessful, then you can uninstall Smartware and use some other backup software that is available for the system that you are using. And it is not necessary that you have to make the use of the back-up in the system that you are using. And the other alternative is that you can try MS SyncToy for a change.

And also you can just try the option of using the updates that is made available for the system that you have in which you can just update the software of SmartWare and then try to use. Make sure that you can also re-install the software that you are using in it and then just use it, or try to make the necessary updates in it by downloading the files that is related to the SmartWave. And also you can just try to update the firmware that you are using in the system and then just try the connection of the WD passport and then see that any of the error is being sown in it.