Thread: Unable to get audio in Dimension 4700

Unable to get audio in Dimension 4700

Dell Dimension 4700, I do not acquaint with that why like this is happening, but there is no audio output from the laptop. I find no specific cause for this, but I know that there is somewhat wrong along with that. I would like to tell everybody that I have an integrated audio card that is ADI 1885 for the laptop. I am able to see Multimedia Audio Controller in Device Manager, but it is always present along with a yellow question mark on it. Is the whole thing here can be fixed, please suggest me what should I have to do to fix this query.

Re: Unable to get audio in Dimension 4700

You have talked about in your post that in the Device Manager you are able to see Multimedia Audio Controller, but has a yellow question mark, then in this case I think you need to restore the drivers. Please, while restoring using the CD that was provided when he bought the laptop, as correctly diagnose the problem. Try this and see if it helps you to rectify the problem. Also if you want, you can download the drivers from the official website of Dell and test.

Your request is somewhat incomplete. I would be happy if you can please give us all here a very detailed explanation of the problem that is suffered and the description (or that specification) of the laptop. Also please tell me what is the operating system you are using on the laptop? Sometimes the operating system also plays a role in causing problems. Windows 7 is out of it has dated a lot of incompatibility problems. Well, let us know.

If you are making use of the Windows XP then I would like to say that I have seen 198X as the integrated sound driver which has been listed for the Dell 4700 which is recently running on to the Windows XP operating system. I suggest you go and you just check for the state in Device Manager. Check if an error or sample works properly. If you find that it is working properly then uninstall and reboot the PC. After the computer restarts I am sure that Windows will detect and reinstall the sound.

Thanks for all the valuable responses; on the other hand, nothing seems to work for me at all. So because of this reason I am totally disappointed in this failure. Yes, I am using Windows XP and not Windows 7, so I do not believe that there must be compatibility issue here. Also I do not reinstall Windows XP. I am not confident but I believe that the audio driver was uninstalled when the sound problem could not be solved. I besides all this want to know regarding the Intel chipset driver (s).