Thread: IPad via Remote Desktop Connection (RDP)

IPad via Remote Desktop Connection (RDP)

Just got my ipad and will utilize it for business via connecting to my computer + Windows. I have some question and I want to know about this I want to know about iTap RDP client , Remote Desktop - RDP Lite as well as full version along with that iPad RDP Apps and what I have to do to Configure RDP Windows 7 .so please tell me if you know about this. Waiting for any reply.

Re: IPad via Remote Desktop Connection (RDP)

RDP stands for Remote Desktop Protocol and is a network protocol from Microsoft Windows to display the desktop or remotely and can. I've looked iPad programs that can build up a so-called Remote Desktop connection or. The beauty is in the way that we allow, for example, on Windows 7, only the Remote Assistance must be seen and even the Windows desktop on the iPad or iPhone. To put it bluntly, we need only the RDP client and the RDP server on Windows is installed already. In addition, the Remote Desktop connection even more advantages and disadvantages, but more on that later.

The problem is that the RDP connection works logically only on Windows machines and having to configure firewall and the home network including a router with respect Port forwarding itself. Who can do that or a VPN router has that can easily iPad a remote desktop connection to a home PC to create. In Windows 7 to configure the Remote Assistance in Control Panel> System and Security>> left side remote settings. One must admit to enable remote desktop connection and access to remote desktop.

Authorities of RDP are aware of the benefits of the Protocol. You can log on to Windows as a user, ie the surface has the appropriate resolution and you need not be registered the terminal server thus very efficient. In addition to screen output, keyboard and mouse input can also RDP with the sound output of the meeting will be redirected to the client and the printer can be used. Unfortunately, the latter is not possible on the iPad.

For the RDP protocol is available with Remote Desktop Lite a free iPad App. The free app looks good, but who uses RDP often wants more. The fee-based App Remote Desktop - RDP and I really liked it. I like the iTap products, because the gesture control class is made. In addition, the program iPad a magnifying glass, a map (even with monitors several very good), an international keyboard and the iPhone and iPad version are identical. That means you have to buy the app only once and can use it on both gadgets.

Which app you choose does not care. For me, both were very stable and both are also compatible with Windows XP and Windows Vista. I prefer after a few tests, the VNC solution from the article iPad control PC , because the VNC protocol is available on many platforms and via UMTS, 3G, better performance has delivered me. The RDP client is still installed. You never know .