Thread: Connect ipad with tv

Connect ipad with tv

I am striving to figure out how to plug my iPad to my tv so that I can watch movies. I purchased a tv out cable, that has 3 plugs for video (green, blue, red) and and the remaining two that are white and red in color are for audio (white, red). There are numerous to plug in my vizio hd tv with, but I am not able to do so ? numerous places to plug it in... So what do I do?What setting does the tv have to be on? Do I also require an hdmi cable? I tried disconnecting all the a audio and video cables that go from my cable box to the tv and connecting in my iPad into the tv, but I did not get anything What settings my ipad need to be configured ?

Re: Connect ipad with tv

First, I am not able to recommend concerning the suitable cable to use to plug your TV without knowing what inputs it actually contains . For that you will have to post the precise model number of your TV, maybe then somebody can recommend whether you have the accurate cable or not. The iPad at present can support VGA, component (which is the cable that is there with you and composite video; your TV has to contain one of those.

From your explanation you have the Component AV Cable, which is used to plug to part inputs on your tv. If you stare on the rear you ought to be able to simply tell whether or not your tv supports that setup; nearly all newer ones are going to support it l. If all else fails you can read your tv set's manualThere is HDMI link from the iPad. The uppermost resolution achievable would be around 720, I think, using the VGA cabling. With composite or component you get 480.

Once you have followed the above post you can use the following instructions for connecting:

• Plug the dock connector to the iPad
    • Connect the 3 video wires to the COMPONENT IN plugs. Trail the labeling or the color coding or, once more, understand a manual.
    • Connect up the two audio wires . Go through the color coding.
    • Now initiate the video on your iPad. If the app in wwhich you are currently supports video out, and if what you're attempting to play can be played, then you'll obtain some kind of an iPad message that will state video is being sent out. You won't observe the content on the iPad screen while it's playing. It will generally go dark, eventually.
    • Don't forget to modify the tv's input setting. Either play with it to notice where it is or, yes, go through your set's manual.