Thread: Netgear router connection problems and iPad

Netgear router connection problems and iPad

The IPAD encountered various problems in wifi hotspots and networks (municipalities, universities and libraries). The IPAD detects the network and automatically opens the page where you must type the username and password, you enable the connection, but when you go to close the page and then open the connection falls safari. In some forum in English are advised to disable autocomplete in safari, but personally I must say that this remedy has not had any effect. This seems like a really very serious limitation to an instrument that should be moving to 100%. Maybe you could solve with the multitasking, but I do not understand why Apple does not allow it.

Re: Netgear router connection problems and iPad

I have a similar problem. I have two iPad Internet connection with ADSL router and a netgear wifi. Every now and then one of two local IP address iPad does not sail over the net, but still see the modem. To start it, stop and restart the modem. Meanwhile, Mac and other iPad and going well. What's happening? I tried to restart the iPad to turn off the wifi at all, you have to reboot the router.

Try resetting all connections to WiFi. Go to settings -> reset -> reset network settings. Lose all network over which you have registered and you put them back the first time you reconnect. If this is not the case then i think it will be better to call the customer support there might be some problem with the internet connection and they might sort this out.

I have the same problem the Ipad once opened the page where you enter username and password is still there and it does not proceed with the connection setup. My iPhone 3g connects easily with the same procedure. Do not tell me there is no solution because I can not believe it. Do i need to install an application on my iPad in order to get connected to the router.

Try to install the MyWi application. MyWi is an application fee ($ 9.95) Cydia, which therefore requires that your iPhone is Jailbroken. This application will help transform your iPhone into a wireless modem, allowing an unlimited number of devices to connect to the Internet via your phone. There are other similar applications, but has the characteristic MyWi divert the formal system created by Apple and therefore uses less battery power and is faster than its competitors. MyWi also allows USB and Bluetooth, and is secured by WEP key from 40 to 104 bits, thus preventing others from connecting to your WiFi hotspot.

There is an application that judicious called MyWi that turns your iPhone into a wireless hotspot 3G. When you are in a place without WiFi you just open the iPhone, launch the application and link your MyWi iPad. The iPhone will be a gateway to your iPad to go on the internet. Here you are with your iPad WiFi, 3G-connected, and without unnecessary additional cost.