Thread: Use Of SQLite In Blackberry Playbook

Use Of SQLite In Blackberry Playbook

I have done a lot of search regarding the SQLite and have read that the use of the SQLite is being done in the Tablet that is being produced by Blackberry. I have got the information of 8 Tile list along with me on various stages that can be used for the Playbook of the Blackberry that is being used by me. I just want to get the details of the SQLite in Blackberry and also how the files are being saved in it and wanted to make the sue of it from the start. And also then I wanted to make the use of it in near future, and I think no other application other then the SQLite is going to work out well for the system of the Blackberry that I am using. Please help me out with the detailed listing of it and the whole information regarding this.

Re: Use Of SQLite In Blackberry Playbook

When you are making a comparison of the playbook with a computer, a smartphone offers databases SQLite at a very controlled environment. To achieve the most favorable performance on a BlackBerry device, you have to keep these limitations in mind when designing your database. On a BlackBerry, a single database connection you have to type data then read / write to a SQLite database that will be possible at a time. And the other database connections are said to be read-only. There is a limitation of 16 connections database at the same time. Three to six of them are used by the multimedia application that is being working out in the system.

There is a restriction of the amount of RAM available to a SQLite database to store the internal data structures and also the schemas for transactions and for the management of the association of binary large objects in a Tablet or the Playbook. In BlackBerry the device Software 5.0, is having the limit of 512 KB in BlackBerry Device and along with the Software 6.0, the limit is 5 MB. The basic scheme of complete data is loaded into memory when SQLite database is open. It persists until you close the database. The schema of each table, trigger, index, etc., uses a certain amount of RAM. In addition, the memory limit for the association of large binary objects is far below the limit of general memory and varies depending on the volume remaining after allocating memory to data structures in SQLite schemas and transactions in progress.

Also check out the below schema that can be used by you for the viewing of the database when you are using SQLite:
    Viewers database SQLite is called the third-party vendors that are available for using along with the Tablet. These may be proving invaluable to your viewer’s development process database. Viewers database primarily used to display changes to a database. When you execute a SQL statement, you can see the result immediately in the viewer database. A viewer SQLite database is running on the computer and not on the BlackBerry. To use the Viewer, you have to organize the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator and to follow a microSD card. And also when you run your application, the database is being stored in a directory on your desktop and the viewer database can read it.

SQL Lite will not only help you to create the database but will also allow you to manage the whole database by editing it and saving all the necessary changes accordingly in it. You can work on the classes and various objects in it, and also you have got the option of using the option of subclasses in it. Then the use of AbstractDataObj is the one thing that is being said to be added new to it. And the use of controller classes can be done for the storing of different objects in it. After the storing of the various objects you can just use the view classes to get a display of the changes that has been brought by you in the specific table or to the whole of the database. And in SQLite you got a vehicle controller that manages the view classes details in it.