Thread: Ubuntu Version for iPad Tablet

Ubuntu Version for iPad Tablet

Can anyone please tell me whether it is possible to get Ubuntu version for my iPad. Because i am a supporter and promoter of open source. Even i am using Ubuntu on my desktop as well as laptop. Please tell me whether it is possible to install a Ubuntu application for my iPad Tablet. Any help in this matter will be appreciated.

Re: Ubuntu Version for iPad Tablet

So far what i know is that Canonical has signed an alliance with Freescale, Texas Instruments, Marvell, companies that make chips based on ARM processors, working with Intel and Pixel Q, committed to reducing the consumption of batteries. One Ubuntu and Ubuntu Music Store are already there ready to support the launch of the tablet, just like iTunes for iPhone and iPad.

The biggest job will be done on the front of multitouch. But Canonical is in the house right on the tip of the new tablet to expand the market presence of Ubuntu. At the bottom of the challenge here is simpler, if you can say this: iOS, Android and MeeGo are the main adversaries in a world where Windows does not dominate as on PCs.

Ubuntu tablet will be developed on the basis of Maverick Meerkat, which will be released in October. Apparently the project is intended to merge with Ubuntu Netbook Remix for the revival of Ubuntu Light, a light version of the operating system at home Canonical developed specifically for mobile devices. So i think it will be released within few months so for now its better to wait for sometime.

After a flurry of tablets with Android, the Chinese manufacturer Shenzhen Ruixin decided to bet on a "clone iPad" that brings Ubuntu Linux 10.10 and Windows 7. With dual boot system, the equipment allows the user to choose which operating system to load. Just as the iPad, the new equipment provides 9.7-inch screen and visually "clean". Who looks at it off, you can even find that the Apple tablet

After plagiarized the graphics of Mac OS X, now wants to challenge the Apple Canonical on a market where, despite the open source alternatives , at the time seems to have no rivals. Ubuntu tablet will be ready by the first part of 2011 and will be a lighter version of the classic operating system features a graphical touch screen and user friendly as possible.