Thread: PDF looks weird in ipad

PDF looks weird in ipad

Someone in the company had made a Word document that has images and text boxes and colors that match to the corporate standard. While saving word document, she had saved it in a PDF file. Then she had mailed that PDF files to the sales executive. They all posses iPads. The issue is when they make any attempt those PDF file attachments on the iPad, all of the forms and colors are present in it , but where instead of viewing the text, all that they notice is colored marks instead of text . Has anybody has got any kind of fix for this problem , I am really pissed off this weird looking pdf file and so are they ?

Re: PDF looks weird in ipad

Just for start , I created a pair - and I pressure - only a couple of PDFs from Word docs on my portable and emailed them to myself. I had no issues. Word is not the mainly cross platform open, or finest design application that I have ever gone with . IMHO it is not a appropriate "page layout/design" application such as InDesign, and too many folks try to make use of it as such. That is not a knock on whoever is generating the files for the company, just a sensible point based on my knowledge in commercial printing and some degree of practice in graphic design

Have you made any attempt to try it and open/view the PDF in another app such as GoodReader or the a mixture of PDF reader apps obtainable? What font was used for the text that does not show correctly ?Perhaps it is related to something with how the text blocks are made and arranged and/or how the shapes and images are put after the text. I do not allege to know the details of MS Word. Perhaps there is a font problem where it will not embed correctly in the PDF. Troubled font with arranging problems could spell trouble perhaps?

Yeah I did. Doesn't make logic to you perhaps, but what I actually meant to say was -- and I want to pressurize this - IMO - with my narrow familiarity about Word, it is a piece of and we have more issues with customer provided Word files than you can actually make out with it . So I will not be surprised about whatever thing that happens in Word. There has been such instances before too .

I was in fact surprised to notice that she had created it in Word. At the start I thought that she had possibly used InDesign to make it and possibly the layers were causing the problem. The document, even though it's generally text boxes, is very graphical in appearance . But the matter is that all of the text, it does no matter how formatted or unformatted it is fails to demonstrate correctly. maybe, but we have resoluted that if that similar PDF file is dropped in our Web site there is a chance to access it from the iPad with the help of safari and it shows correctly. It just appears to be within the default PDF reader while accessing it as an attachment. We ever attempted sending it to iBooks from in in the default PDF reader and it looks weird tool.