Thread: Limera1n and iOS 4.2 on iPad

Limera1n and iOS 4.2 on iPad

I have been using an apple iPhone 3G which is jailbroken with the help of the Limera1n. Even i will be purchasing a new iPad within a day or two. So far i have used iPhone 3G and found it quiet nice and hence i am wondering whether it can be used to jail break my Apple iPad too as it is now loaded with iOS 4.2. BTW i would also like to know how iOS 4.2 is how better , is it better than the previous version.

Re: Limera1n and iOS 4.2 on iPad

Only the Windows version of this software is available at the moment, but the one compatible with Mac OS X and Linux should arrive soon in the market. This tool does not work with just one click you need to follow the instructions that accompany it. That's the price you pay for a jailbreak impossible to stop precisely, there is no way to circumvent what Apple has been explored at this time.

Try the newer version of greenpois0n RC5 which is now available. This version fixes all the bugs which are found. However Saurik servers and chronic dev team is still saturated since you can not use the loader to install Cydia greenpois0n. However you can install using Cydia redsn0w by ticking the box "install cydia". You then keep your Jailbreak Untethered.

Most of the iPhone owners are quiet happy with the release of Greenpois0n. Since it allows most of the iPhone , iPad and other similar gadgets to untether the Jailbreak firmware 4.2.1. Other developers, however, certainly does not stand. It will soon be released with version 2.2 of Sn0wbreeze compatible for firmware 4.2.1. For those who do not remember, the peculiarity of Sn0wbreeze has always been to allow the creation of a custom firmware to be installed on the device then jailbreak.

The limera1n for now is in beta and some known problems with, then it is advisable to proceed cautiously - iPhones 3G and 2G iPod touch, for example, would not be supported , as well as some iPhone 3G models. In any case, are the disclaimers: if you do anything like this, you're on your own risk and keep backups of your information in case of loss and take care. Be kind to your gadget.

After several months of an endless wait for some, the Chronic Dev Team has finally released GreenPois0n. The current version is RC5 still in beta so. GreenPois0n is available for Mac only (The Windows and Linux are not yet available but should not delay. You should know that is incapable of hacktivism so you'll need the original sim card from your operator unless you have officially unlocked with your carrier and Apple.