Thread: What version came before Android 1.5 cupcake

What version came before Android 1.5 cupcake

As you know all the Android device is now running with Gingerbread that is Android 2.3 but I wasn’t much famous as Froyo which is the version of Android 2.2. Now I heard that the latest version is Android 3.0 and it is called a Honeycomb. I don’t have much information about this. However when I went for more previous version, I got that the Cupcake as the First but when looked it, it is Android 1.5. So I assume that it is not the First one at all. Then my question is what came before the Android 1.5 Cupcake? Are there any previous versions before this? I hope so.

Re: What version came before Android 1.5 cupcake

As far as I know that there is no search result about the previous version of Android. I mean that there are no versions of Android before Cupcake. I know that the Android has been released and came to market with the version called 1.0. However between the Android 1.0 and Android 1.5 there were no other version came it view as my knowledge concern and there was no name given to the First version of Android i.e. 1.0. Later versions get started naming identifications. However if there any version present, we might have known yet because it is just a latest invention.

It seems to me that the Android 1.5 Cupcake is the first version released freely for market for mobile phones and other tablet or portable devices. The previous version was only for Google product or devices and they didn’t get any name. After the growth of popularity of this new mobile operating system platform, the developer started giving some exciting name depending upon its feature and capability. As the name implies the Android is also interesting in each version.

I have seen that each version of Android release gets a different name for identification which helps the user or customer to keep in mind his version of Android easily without any confusion of numbers. This is the best technique so far I have seen. Whatsoever, the query you are asking is bit difficult to answer because none of the sites provided the information about Android version which came before the cupcake or 1.5. So I think that due to some purpose or reason this information has not been revealed yet from the Google or Android lab. I hope that we get this leak very soon.

I think that the earlier versions of Android , I mean before the Android 1,5 cupcake was only the beta version. So they may be either named as simply Android or Beta. Other than this the original and worldwide distributed version is Cupcake. It may be also the first version that is available for all mobile platforms. I hope that this information is accurate. If there is any wrong information then don’t hesitate to post me back.

I would like to know the answer myself. The most I can get is Android 1.1 link (http://developer.android.com/sdk/android-1.1.html) and a mentioned about 1.0 in that link. But no cute name like ICS and such.

But the fact that the 1st known name started with C (Cupcake), it implies that there had been 2 earlier versions (1.1 and 1.0 ??).

Anyway, it's really just to satisfy my curiosity.

I think all android os were in beta stages where many bugs where sorted out and after that came the Android 1.5 cupcake in final version and now it has updated to ice cream sandwich.