Thread: Internet Speed reduces with Antivirus 2011

Internet Speed reduces with Antivirus 2011

I am having the AntiVirus Pro 2011 installed in my computer and since when I installed that in my computer then I am feeling that the speed of the internet surfing is reduces to some extends. This was not the case when I was using the Avira in my computer then why this is happening with AntiVirus Pro 2011. My computer is having Windows XP installed in it. Is it not compatible with the Windows XP or there is some other problem that is causing it. If I disable the Antivirus then the internet speed becomes normal. Can you tell me that if that is normal with the AntiVirus Pro 2011 or this is just a bug. Please help me. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: Internet Speed reduces with Antivirus 2011

Have you activated the Active Virus Control in that? I am asking this to you because if that is the case then also it may cause such issues. If you want to check that then you can just disable the Active Virus Control in that and then try to browse the internet and see if that is giving you the normal speed. If after disabling the Active Virus Control, your internet speed comes to normal speed then this will make sure that this is the reason for that and after disabling Active Virus Control, the internet speed comes to normal. I hope that this will help you.

If you wish to troubleshoot this problem then I would like to recommend you to do the changes given below and see if that is able to solve the problem for you.
    1. First of all, you will have to open the BitDefender and then click the button for Settings. In that, you will have to select the Expert Mode.
    2. Now click on the Antivirus and choose Advanced Settings button that is under Shield tab. From there, you will have to disable Active Virus Control feature.
    3. At the similar place, click on Custom Level as well as confirm that below option are not selected:
      • Scan http traffic
      • Scan Yahoo Messenger traffic
      • Scan Windows Live Messenger traffic
    4. Now check to observe if there are some changes for speed of the Internet connection.
    5. You can as well, attempt to immobilize the Privacy Control feature to perceive if there are some modifications after that.

There might be some problem with the web browser that you are using. If you want to check that then you can search and download some of the other browsers that are available on internet and try to use that. I would like to recommend you to use the Firefox or Opera. They both are very good in terms of their performance. So don’t think that this is the only problem with the antivirus. This can be the browser also. So you should check for that also. Thank you.

I am also using the same antivirus and that is not showing me any problem with that. I think that there may be some trouble with the installed files of the antivirus. The files may be corrupted or missing and that is the reason for that. My suggestion to you is to install the antivirus once again and then see if that can solve the problem for you. The best way to do that is to download the fresh setup from the internet and then install that in your computer. This is one of the best way to solve the issue. I hope that this will solve the issue for you.