Thread: Astro File Manager setup in Android

Astro File Manager setup in Android

I have been trying to obtain Astro to converse by way of my Windows XP home PC but I couldn’t make it at all. For that I have downloaded the SMB component intended for my Motorola Droid, however I am not actually obvious on how to arrange my Windows Networking settings and what precisely wants to be typed inside Astro's configuration set ups. Is there any manual or instructions guide on how to accomplish this on top of the web? I am waiting for your reply. Hope that will get soon.

Re: Astro File Manager setup in Android

Actually it’s functioning very well for me. What departs in every field appears instantly onward, except I did run off the Domain empty as well as Directory empty (It may be subdirectory of the share, however I'm not certain), therefore you may wish for to attempt parting them empty to shorten possessions to begin. Furthermore, I didn’t enter whichever important or sprawling backslashes within whichever of the fields. The merely additional obsession I can recommend is ensuring you're resting on Wifi, and to ascertain your user name as well as password.

It seems to me that your Windows XP computer might have sharing enabled, furthermore probably necessitate that straightforward sharing has disabled. You'll in addition necessitate sharing at slightest single folder, and yielding (at a smallest amount) read authorization to the sharing for the user name you wish for to make use of from your mobile phone. If you encompass a home network, I would ensure that file sharing functions among computers previous to transporting your phone otherwise Astro to the picture.

Astro by way of SMB component is just a semi way associated Android. Astro ought to be configured via your NETBIOS name seeing that the server name, for the reason that IP address of server may modify. If you're making use of the IP address confirm you cover your router DHCP server settled to forever allocate that IP to this exacting server. In addition, keep away from "guest" like username as majority of Windows computers include Guest account put out of action as security assess. If you are able to log in like a guest it simply indicates that you should go backside to your Windows computer and disable the account.

To search out it to effort you almost certainly should set off into your routers settings panel and launch port 445 and spot it toward the IP address of the server whether that be computer or a storage space component. Port 445 is necessary in support of SMB protocol. At what time configuring the file explorer to right to use the server utilize IP address not the name of server. I hope that it will surely going to solve your problem. There are several guides which explains the same manner which you have done before.