Thread: Nokia X6 showing as portable media player

Nokia X6 showing as portable media player

Whenever I tried to connect my newly purchased Nokia X6 mobile phone, this was working fine. But from last two days I am showing that whenever I connect the mobile phone into my windows 7 compatible dell latitude laptop, it shows as a portable media player under my computer. This is quite disappointing me. Is there anyone having any such information or any suggestion for me to resolve this problem? Any input will very much helpful for me.

Re: Nokia X6 showing as portable media player

There are several ways by which the problem might be resolved. As per recommendation go through this process, look under menu > Connectivity> USB or data storage for ensure that the USB in connected mode. Here, the OVI suite can be selected. Then problem might also be in the mass storage, so make sure that the mass storage is working fine.

I think the problem is occurring for the USB driver. For that I recommend you to update the USB mass driver from device manager, ping there and open the USB mass storage, right click on it and choose online update option, it will collect the information regarding this and will direct you to update the driver firmware version. Update and restarts the system, I hope this process will somehow help you to overcome from the problem.

According to me the problem might also be in the Nokia PC suit, if you are connecting your mobile with this application, because I had similar issue, and after a deep search on it I found this is as the cause of the problem. so if this happens then Uninstall the Nokia PC suit along with this all associated drivers also. Reboot your machine after uninstall the driver and nokia pc-suit, and check whether the same problem is still arriving there after the fresh installation. I hope this time the problem will surely not appear in your system.

Hi all,
    In this morning I tried to connect my Nokia X6 with my windows vista compatible PC. It recognizes it also works great, but change the Nokia software version. The USB connection is both of the OVI Suite and the Nokia PC Suite recognized, however, always get the message that the phone was not in the correct mode. I have selected in the menu under connections PC-Suite in my system, rite after I plug the USB cable, I have selected as the transfer mode but in every mode I got the not responding message. OVI Suite and PC Suite are standing on the current. To overcome from this problem I tried with reloading the nokia software and also with the usb mass storage driver updating but nothing works. Will be grateful very much if someone from there help me regarding the problem.