Thread: Google Calendar (CalDAV) on iPhone 4

Google Calendar (CalDAV) on iPhone 4

I work with Google calendar professionally. The timing of the Iphone 4 is very sketchy and does not particularly have a view of the week (very important for me). So I am looking for some instructions that can be helpful in such scenario. I want some information about Google Calendar (CalDAV) on iPhone 4. I am sure that some members over here will help me by providing proper notes. Also I want to know which applications are compatible with calendar sync and Google calendar?

Re: Google Calendar (CalDAV) on iPhone 4

I have an iphone 4 and would like to sync with Google Calendar, what happens is that by subscribing to the calendar on the iphone I can see the events but will not let me edit, or leave me I have programmed alarms. I do not know what steps I must follow. I have a iPhone 4 and am looking at how to synchronize with Google calendar to use from work (where I have installed outlook). The truth is that I have not decided yet because I'm afraid of losing everything I have in the Iphone calendar and I spent all data from the old Palm. Could you solve my problem? Can I sync my Outlook calendar with Google's? Thanks.

Google Calendar is another essential service from Google that will allow you to have a real agenda-mail always available. Here's how to sync Google Calendar with the native application "Calendar" that we find on our iPhone.
    1. First go to Settings, then select the item E-mail, contacts, calendars, and here you add a new Microsoft Exchange account.
    2. Now it will open the configuration screen that we will have to fill in the following way:
      • E-mail: Enter your email to Gmail;
      • Domain: Leave this field blank;
      • User Name: Re-enter your email to Gmail;
      • Password: Your Gmail account password.
    3. Now click on Next, top right, and soon you'll get an error message that you should accept. Now you will see see a new string named server where you enter the address google.com, click Next.
    4. Now you will see a new screen where you can enable or disable synchronization of three services: email, contacts and calendars. We are interested only synchronize our calendar so we leave it enabled only option. Click Finish, and you will finally sync your calendar to Google Calendar.
    Nothing is more simple words, now you can just open the native calendar and wait a few seconds to sync.

Have you tried an application Calvet? It just arrived in the App Store a new timetable for iPhone and iPod touch that makes simplicity its real strength. We are talking about Calvet: a calendar based entirely on writing Helvetica which has a very minimal graphics but at the same time very enjoyable. Insert a new event will require very less than a few seconds as you will not have to do is choose the date and time in which you want to schedule an event and enter the name of it. Furthermore, the application allows you to synchronize the calendar with MobileMe and Google Calendar so that if you add or delete an event also will be added or removed from their calendars to MobileMe, and Google Calendar. The application also allows you to set an alarm to warn you of the event or of its impending arrival.

If you want to sync multiple calendars (work, holidays, vacation, etc..) then you must follow the following steps:
    1. Writing from the iPhone's browser http://m.google.com/sync direction towards a screen, which indicates that our device is not compatible. To avoid this obstacle we have only to click the link to change language and select English.
    2. Immediately access the control menu where Google Sync has full control over which calendars you want to synchronize and information has been made on when the last synchronization. We click on the check boxes and click on Save (Save). From that moment all our changes in the timing of the iPhone will be reflected in Google Calendar and vice versa immediately.
    The process works with all iPhone / iPod touch with firmware 2.0 or higher.