Thread: How to set up Find my iPhone account for free on 3G

How to set up Find my iPhone account for free on 3G

Well I really want to have this application Find my iPhone account on the cell phone of mine here and I just thought that it will be better if you all can help me with the same. I have iPhone 3G and I have seen that on some of the sited that for doing the same I will be required to have iPhone 4. Is it really necessary? Will be happy to know any help in the matter here. Also in addition to this I want to have the account set up for free. I went to the official site of the Apple but really cannot find anything helping with me with the thing that I want here. Hope to get some help in the matter soon.

Re: How to set up Find my iPhone account for free on 3G

You cannot get all the things directly from the official site. You need to see for the things there. If you might have gone googling this keyword then I am sure that you might have got the proper suggestion and that too from the official site. Now the thing is that you will be required to have iOS 4.2 on the cell phone here and that is really the prime necessity here. Once you have the above criteria there then you will be required to go to the Mail, Contacts, Calendars option via tapping on the Settings option there. After that you will be required to select the Add Account button and then make a tap on MobileMe. Now enter the Apple ID and password and wait for it to get confirmed. Now you will be required to come back to the MobileMe screen and then switch on Find My iPhone option. As soon as you see the Find My iPhone message then simply make a tap on the Allow button there.

If you want to have the guidance on this topic then you can see for this thread here and see if you can get any sort of help from there. I have gone through this thread and have seen it discussing about the features of the cell phone and the iPad application there. You can just go through the steps that have been given there and see if that can really assist you in any manner. Here is the link: 'find my iphone' application in iphone

Yes you will be required to have in your case iPhone 4 and for the things that you will be required follow so that you can set up the account. If you are on the iPhone 4 then you will have to check if you are running iOS 4.2 on it. After that simply download the Find my iPhone application and you will find it in the Apps Store and that too for free. Once you get this in the cell phone then you will be required to go to the Settings and then choose the Mail, Contacts, Calendars option there. After that just select the Add Account option and then select MobileMe from there. On the MobileMe login menu you will be required to enter the username and the password. Now tap the Next button so that the account will be created. Now on the new iPhone you should be able to see the new account of yours. Restart the cell phone and then see if the things really went smoothly there.

If anything goes wrong with the cell phone and the set up there then it will be simply great if you can just reset the cell phone of yours. All you have to do is go to the Home Screen of the cell phone and then select the Summary option that you will see on the screen. Make a tap on it there. After that you will be required to tap on the Restore option that you will find under the Summary option. Once you make the final tap then you will be required to wait for the RESET to complete on the cell phone. If there was any issue with any of the step from above then you can simply have this working in your case and then the cell phone will be restored to the factory resetting there. Let me know if you were able to see it working.

If you are getting the conflicting issue with the account then it will be better if you can just get rid of the same. Go to the Settings and then select the Mail, Contacts, Calendars option there. Now select the Add Account and then see for the MobileMe. All the things are similar up to this. Now at the MobileMe login menu use the same AppleID and password that you use for downloading the applications. When you do this successfully then you will see the duplicate entry for the Find My Mobile application. Just delete the older account from there. If you are not able to see any then you must have missed on something there and hence you will have to do all the things again. This issue has been seen a lot and hence I thought of coming up with the solution in this thread.