Thread: Why there is no usb-host?

Why there is no usb-host?

I am making use of the computer since DOS, I am also making use of the smart phone user since Treo, and also many other things but in this the main issue is that I just not able to get this that Why would smart phone manufacturer & Android coders leave out somewhat as basic as usb-host mode? It is looking like that they almost went out of their way to do so. And related to it if you look the cost then I think that Cost just can't be that much of a difference. Loss of capability devoid of host mode which seems severe to me. Here I mean that no keyboard, mouse, external storage, webcam etc. If you guys have any idea related to it then please share it I will be thankful for this.

Re: Why there is no usb-host?

Accordingly, at least the USB hardware in the Droid operate in USB host mode, meaning you can devices like USB flash drives, Webcams, connect external keyboards etc.. I'll craft the necessary adapter times and keep you posted if it works at the Milestone. According to me it would of course really the bomb. Unlimited possibilities with accessories and connectivity. Here are some ideas:
    1. VGA adapter to drive as its LCD TV or a projector
    2. USB flash drive (backup)
    3. The cradle for my Livescribe

So about it what you want to say?

Android is definitely in the system that is collecting lots of developers and that it owes its extreme malleability the Linux kernel that allows "infinite developments." A user has created a very good system that allows the Droid / Milestone to become a USB HOST. And the author of the project, after modifying some scripts and created the language to allow the Droid to recognize another device, built a cable that can act as USB Host. The Motorola in this way can recognize a large number of devices, most of those recognized by Linux, such as printers, webcams and more. The project is obviously not easy to achieve, but it certainly is very interesting and unique. Find more information and any further information on the many of the website. And this information I got from one of the website.

Related to it I think the N810 also has the trapezoidal plug therefore it should fit the cable. I use my small Bluetooth keyboard and I'm happy if it works. Theoretically, one would then only be closed with the USB host cable boot, and could then unplugging the keyboard on the fly on and off, or not? How it looks with the text input? Should we choose as a new "input method" if you want pure tap into a field? So if you have any suggestion on this then please share your view.

I do not think that the n810 uses a trapezium-shaped usb host adapter. And it will Fit into the n810 because of the quadrilateral socket shape both variants, but the host adapter are normal square as far as I know. So related to it whatever I know I have just explain you over here and I hope that this information will going to help you. And if you have any other doubts so you can freely ask that over here.