Thread: How to unlock AT&T Blackberry mobile phones

How to unlock AT&T Blackberry mobile phones

I have been using my Blackberry mobile phone since a year. I had bought this phone in return of a good deal, so the problem is that my blackberry is been blocked to the AT&T mobile service providers. I am not happy as it has no suitable plans for me. Recently I have heard about Boost mobile service providers. They have a new unlimited plan to offer and I want to switch to Boost Mobile, so anybody who can guide me as to how should I unlock my blackberry.

Re: How to unlock AT&T Blackberry mobile phones

There is a standard procedure to unlock mobile phones. The procedure is very simple just do as I instruct you and you will be able to unlock your mobile phone. First things first, to unlock your phone you don’t need a sim card, so just remove it from your mobile and restart. Now move to “settings” and choose “options”, here you have to select the “advanced options”, where you will find the Sim card option, select it and press down ALT key and hit mepp2. Here it will prompt you for the unlock codes just type in the code and get rid of the service provider.

When you unlock the Blackberry, keep certain things in mind. For example always remember to charge your battery before you start the unlocking procedure. Preferably I will advise you to fully charge your mobile phone. if you are unlocking it for the first time, then you should be aware of the fact that when you enter the codes your mobile will just go blank as it is trying to unlock so in such case you must not panic and wait for a while for the phone to be unlocked.

If you have a Blackberry Bold 9000 then the following is the step by step procedure.
    A. First you are supposed to insert the sim card.
    B. Turn off any application which is running in your phone.
    C. Now go to Options and select Advanced options.
    D. Here you are required to choose the sim card.
    E. Now type MEPD, while you type the following code be cautious about the code you hit as you wont be getting the display.
    F. Here your devise will prompt you for Network MEP code.
    G. Type in the unlock code, and wait until you get the message of code accepted.
    H. Once you are done with the above steps just restart your devise.

If you are trying for unlock codes on the internet, then I have to tell the fact that these unlock codes are IMEI specific. This means that unlock codes for other Blackberry will not work for your mobile phone. So I don’t advise you to hook to any random unlock code that you get or else your mobile phone will hang and you wont be able to do anything. You are supposed to hit the IMEI numbers and get the unlock codes. And also remember to carefully enter the unlock code as you get only few chances to unlock your phone.