Thread: Will Airport Express allow to play music from iPod Touch through Apple Hifi speakers

Will Airport Express allow to play music from iPod Touch through Apple Hifi speakers

I have an iMac (in room at one corner of my house, plugged to a Virgin supplied Netgear N series router), along with that an iPad and 64GB iPod Touch. The iPod Touch contains 16,000 music files and tracks on it and I wish to use it as a remote and then after that play all the music from it via my set of Apple Hifi speakers (in room at other corner in my house ). I have controlled and done this before using the remote app on the iPod Touch, but I am not willing to get the iMac to be switched on. Is t possible please help me out ?

Re: Will Airport Express allow to play music from iPod Touch through Apple Hifi speakers

Yeah, I make use of this fairly a lot. I believe nearly all of my friends think its just being played from my phone since that is what it seems like. I tried to give details to one how it works and he (not a very tech savy friend) was just as if I was lying to every one I even have a good story concerning it. A friend of mine just purchased an iClone (think its the new LG iClone) and was trying to push the whole "it does the whole thing your phone does." We're currently at my house and i have my music playing via my airport express.

Re: Will Airport Express allow to play music from iPod Touch through Apple Hifi speakers

Well, sort of. You must be able to play your itunes library via the speakers of the airport controlling it through your iPhone. I make use of the free remote app for this purpose . Since your library has the similar songs that are on your iPhone, it's quite much the exact same thing.
    I had speakers all through my house that were pretty much ineffective before this app. Now my house is continually playing my favorite songs. I can sincerely say that the remote app for the iPhone has brought a big change in my life.

Yes I too believe in that . No more worrying over setting up the ideal playlist (well I still do that anyway). A song seems to not go with the mood of the party, just find somewhat that does. I just have one airport express, but I connect my laptop up with one set of speakers and then make use of the airport for another. I honestly threw a party shortly later on I got remote just for the reason that I wanted to use it in that situation.

I am still searching for a good container or case , since I don not not like the numbers of the phone existing a fall on a hard floor; the metal body may be more rough than plastic, but it does not sop up shocks as well. I acquired the clear plastic snap-on cover, which has by now tattered out and fallen off after the duration of a a week, so I am about to buy the second I had by now converted mostly more than to Google for my email, calendar and contacts, so it was more or less easy to start using this phone and get the whole thing all set up. I haven't seen any other phone so far that I desired I'd got instead.

The iPod Touch and iPad at present choose up the router signal well in any room (both upstairs & downstairs). I have been informed I require an Airport Express at that costs around plugged into the mains close to the speakers, then connected via Monster cable using 3.5mm jack from Apple Airport Express to Apple Hifi speakers. I then desire that I can then control my music from the iPod as a remote, irrespective of the location of my iphone along with the speakers play through the speakers. Is this going to work ? Also, do require the £29 set of wires or will a basic 3.5mm to 3.5mm (Airport Express to Apple Hifi speakers) cable to be sufficient?

This may not assist if u actually need to engage your mac, but if you are using iPhone and now you are on the iPhone function, there you will getting an icon to the right hind side of the forward track skip button (in the play controls, at the base of the playing artist) when you click this button it must say 'iphone' and the name of your airport express decide your airport express here and it will play straight from your phone to airport, to play back via iPhone just choose iPhone. I am not certain if this works for the 3G/3GS but working satisfactorily on my iphone4. Hope this helps!