Thread: How to Lock users in an Application on Kiosk mode

How to Lock users in an Application on Kiosk mode

Is it probable to lock the user in an application, so the user cannot exist devoid of a password or a key sequence ever? I would like to disable the buttons on home and office with a case or a software solution.
    Intended Application:
    I offer my clients when they enter IPAD my store. There is an application that you would akin to to be able to use while shopping. Another referred to as "Kiosk Mode" or "Toddler Mode". In short: I want customers to use the application, without leaving the immediate and playing with other applications. Customers should be free to use the device as fixed mounted cases will not work. IPAD kiosk work a case, if such a thing existed.

Re: How to Lock users in an Application on Kiosk mode

Jailbreak the IPAD, use "IncarcerApp" from Cydia. Jailbreak the IPAD and abuse "IncarcerApp" Cydia to lock the user in an application. IncarcerApp just immobilizes the start button. In my knowledge with the application, it works immense. No crashes so far. This is the just software solution. Even if you have a private developer who works to create a private application for your business, you must jailbreak the IPAD before this feature is enabled. According to my Developer, once jailbroken, you can also make an application "to start the system" and password protected and / or hides all other icons on the main screen. Both "Home Boot" and hide / lock other applications is important in the event that the user (customer) decides to "power cycle" the IPAD to exit the application, the application object should be implemented immediately start-up and not allow the user to make changes to the system without the password.

If you were writing your personal application, I recommend you join the Program Development Company. Then your application can do almost anything you want damn. It's pretty easy to add a passworded output from the application. (And I hope that does not crash!) Password the application to quit will not dash in the App Store, but with the Business Program who do not distribute through the App Store, and are not subject to restrictions. But it seems that you need to present an existing application. Jailbreaks scared it sounds like the only way. You can restrict Internet access to the router or firewall. But that does not settle the "configuration" problem. You need the "Settings" application to leave, or at least will not be displayed on the screen. I know that museums have shown great interest in the iPod Touch and IPAD at present. I speculate how they were solved. Obviously, if you write your own application, the Enterprise Program is the way forward.

The simplest method to perform this is to place the IPAD in a special case where you hide the start button so that you cannot click. This case should too be a bit in it to make sure that nobody is going to your IPAD. The case as well must have some type of lock. It is not probable to immobilize the start button on the software in a non-jail broken phone. I wish like this and you should suggest that you try this.

Someone suggested: "If you write personal application and link the development program, the application can do anything you wish the Enterprise Developer Program is for corporations to develop their internal applications to use the facilities" and that's exactly I want to do anyway. This will be my first understanding with getting a written application. I am certain there are lots of resources and web sites to employ programmers. Any suggestions?