Thread: Need a good messenger application that is similar to the blackberry messenger

Need a good messenger application that is similar to the blackberry messenger

I have recently brought a Motorola droid phone. Earlier i had a blackberry phone and in that i had blackberry messenger application. Now i really loved hte blackberry messenger because it was more instant than a text message. It was not necessary to be logged in in order to get the messages. Now I would not be able to install the blackberry messenger application In the phone. So I am looking for some other application that will come close to the blackberry messenger applications. So do you have any idea of such applications, if yes then do share it with me.

Re: Need a good messenger application that is similar to the blackberry messenger

As of now I cannot tell anything about the blackberry application. Since I am not a blackberry user. Well if you are asking about a good chat application for your mobile then there would be gtalk, yahoo messenger, msn messenger etc. this all applications would run easily in your mobile. They are simple to download and use it to. So do have a look at such applications in the internet and you will find the desired solution there. You just have to install the application In the device and then you are ready to use it. I am unable to understand the concept that you were trying to make me understand about the receiving of the messages when you are logged out. All the applications that I have mentioned above are the IM applications and hence will require you to be logged in.

Re: Need a good messenger application that is similar to the blackberry messenger

Well i would advise you to switch over to the gtalk application. The blackberry messenger that you are talking about can be used particular only on the blackberry phones and hence you would not be able to sue it in other blackberry phones. So that is possibly the negative point of the blackberry messenger applications. As of now for your droid phone i would advice you to go with the gtalk application. It is compatible with all the phones and hence there is nothing much to worry about it. Even i am personally using it and i have no complains about it. You can get the gtalk application anywhere in the internet. So i hope you have liked the suggestion.

Well if you want to appear online every time for the other user’s and if you want to receive the messages when you are logged off from the account. So what you have to do is that you will have to sign in to the service and you will have to select the instantly switch to your cell when you're not logged in online. So whenever you are not logged in. you will be able to receive the messages in the cell phone which is being sent by the other user who thinks that you are online. So in that way you will not be able to miss any messages. So I hope you have got exactly what i am trying to speak here.

I think so i will better go with the gtalk application. I think this is a good application and will accordingly help me with the purpose that i am looking for. So i will be looking for that particular application in the internet and accordingly install it in the mobile phone. Well i understood the concept that you were trying to explain to me. I have understood the settings to be done and i have also taken the reference from one of my friend. Now the method is crystal clear in my mind. Thanks everyone for all the responses.