Thread: Application for Android Phone that will help to make it use as Tv Remote

Application for Android Phone that will help to make it use as Tv Remote

I am using this Android Phone for quite some time now and that I have completely enjoyed the service of the phone very much I have get to use from all the other mobile phones that I was using previously. So while using the phone though came to my mind as if is there kind of way or an application that is available to get it act like a Tv remote. Though I have searched each and every where for the application but still I was not able to get anything from all the sites, so if any thing is there please suggest the same for me.

Re: Application for Android Phone that will help to make it use as Tv Remote

I think that this is certainly not possible in the Android Phone because the Android Phone does not still contains the IR emitter as of yet and for connecting it to the TV you will surely require the IR emitter on the phone and since the phone lacks this so even if there is a applications that has been developed for making the Android Phone work as a Tv remote, then also it will not be possible for making the android behave like a remote control.

Hey it all depends on who your TV provider currently is, I have been using the Verizon Fios TV provider and they have directly develop and have evolved a remote control application for all of us who are currently using the Android phone. And this application works through the help of a wifi and so is one of the best if you really want the device to work as remote control for your TV. There is some setting that you will have to do before you are able to get the mobile work as Tv remote for your VZW’s tv. This setting might require you to connect the VZW’s setup box to the router that will surely help you in getting the Android phone to work as a tv remote.

Hey I don’t have the VZW’s operator and that is why I am not able to get to make use of the application that the VZW have come up with to make the mobile phone behave like a TV remote. I have a normal TV connection and so I cannot use the wifi to make the mobile behave like a TV remote. As the phone doesn’t have the IR emitter so I would want to know that is there any other way like the bluetooth so that we can connect the Android to behave like a TV remote. I hope that some one you will surely be able to get some kind of solution for this.

For that you will also require a TV that is Bluetooth enabled because this is the only way through which you will be able to connect to the TV so as to make it behave like a remote control. So until you have got the same for your TV as well that is the Bluetooth then only you will be able to connect to it to behave like a Remote control. I hope that you understand what I am trying to say.