Thread: Applications developed in. NET do not work in windows phone 7

Applications developed in. NET do not work in windows phone 7

Hello all, I think the applications developed in. NET for Windows Mobile 5 and 6 do not work on devices with Windows 7 phone, right? If so we must rewrite the various applications? by what means? So if you guys have any suggestion regarding this then please help me I will be thankful for this. Actually related to it I have visited many site but unable to get any more information on this.

re: Applications developed in. NET do not work in windows phone 7

Hello, To develop applications for Windows 7 Phone, you can use the new tools of development in the final version released two days ago. You can download them from here As for the older applications written for Windows Mobile will not work on the new despotism in view of the very different architecture. If you have developed the application by organizing it in separate layers, the migration may be less painful. Great deal depends on the type. I suggest you take a look here to find out how to get around.

Applications are developed primarily for collecting orders with SQLCE. I would like to know first whether Microsoft plans to maintain two families of products SEPARATE (Windows and Windows Mobile Phone) or if it will only future Windows Phone in other words I will have to quick to rewrite all my applications? If yes, from what I understand, will not be easy to migrate on the new devices also because I do not think the development tools for the new devices are so complete. Another thing that worries me is that the new devices (eg HTC) are Windows only Phone 7.

Initially, yes. Will be sold for a little 'devices based on Windows Mobile 6.5 (primarily in developing countries). In the future there will only Windows phone, then you should consider migrating your applications on that platform. Why do you say that are incomplete? Are you referring to native support of a database? Indeed, now missing, the alternative may be to use a database to use XML or SQLite. So if you want then you can visit the official website of it I am sure you will get more information on this.

Re: Applications developed in. NET do not work in windows phone 7

Hello,

I am developing an application for Windows Phone 7. I use an SDK that is in C#.NET. I am doing the development according to a page that shows how to develop a voice calling example program with codes. I found the information of the page (if you are interested Google on: "Windows Phone 7 Development - Ozeki") to be really useful. Hope I could help.