Thread: Is there any kind of MS-Dos emulator for Android

Is there any kind of MS-Dos emulator for Android

Hello friends I have been wondering about this query that I have been facing for quite a long time now and that I have not able to find the answer as yet. I have heard that this forum really provides with good answers to whatever questions that we have and that is why this is the first thread from my side and hope that I will surely get good replies for the same. I would want to know that is there any kind of emulator available as of yet that will help in running the Microsoft Dos on this Android Operating system just exactly as the wine does it make it so for running Microsoft based products on linux based platform. So if there is really is then someone please suggest how to get the same uploaded on the Android phone as well.

Re: Is there any kind of MS-Dos emulator for Android

This is something really very silly, as far as I know still there is not any kind of software or the emulator that is available that will help in running the Microsoft based products on the Android operating system as of yet. The only possibility that is available is to get the Microsoft applications that is the MS office to run on the Mac is through the wine emulator that will surely help in making all the products to run even on cross platform. But I think in the near future fundamentals have been released so as to get the same for the Android as well, so we should keep our fingers cross until the same comes up in the market.

According o my knowledge even the Android operating system is built upon the Linux kernel and so if you want you can make use of the emulators that are available for the linux just to try out whether it works or not. You can make use of the full linux distros such as the Wine HQ as an emulator that will help you in running the windows based application on any kind of linux distros. So just for the sake of a try you can make use of the same on your Android phone as well to see if it works or not. I hope that it works on your Android as well, because after this there is no other way so as to get the same running on the Android apart from waiting for the Android emulator to get released.

According to me you can make use of the DOXBox that goes along very nicely with the Android operating system specially built for the same. You can easily download the same from the internet and connect the Android Phone to your system and can install the apk file from the computer to your phone using the following command adb install name_of_apk_file. Once the file gets uploaded successfully onto your Android mobile then you can install any Microsoft application as well with the help of the DoxBox.