Thread: Difficulty in downloading things from Android market using Wi-Fi

Difficulty in downloading things from Android market using Wi-Fi

I just don’t understand this problem, every time I try downloading different applications from the Android market using my Wi-Fi, I get stuck and nothing ever happens. The problem seems a little funny because, when I tried downloading things using my Wi-Fi connection in college it did not work, but when I tried the same thing when I was at home it did work. At home everything was just fine but in my college it tried to act stupid. So is it a problem in my phone or what.

Re: Difficulty in downloading things from Android market using Wi-Fi

If you have a problem downloading things using the Wi-Fi connection then what you can do is try rebooting your mobile phone. This trick really works even in case you are trying to transfer some flies using your Bluetooth system and if it keeps on giving you frequent errors you can try the same solution. I have experienced it myself when I had similar issues with my 3G and Wi-Fi system. Instead of waiting long hours for a connection you can just reboot it which will resolve the problem in no time.

This is not a big problem, as this can happen in case of poor or bad reception. This problem is not specific to a particular mobile phone. I have used almost all the popular smartphones and have faced the issue of connection problem. As far as I know this problem is somewhere related to the Wi-Fi code of the system. Sometimes you even get a download prompt but nothing ever happens and you are left blank.

This seems to be a firewall problem, something at the router level or can even be the Internet Service Provider. This is the reason that in college it did not work but at home when you tried everything was just fine. You can solve this issue if you know how to control your router. You can have such problems if your Internet Service Provider blocks the traffic to that particular port . Other than this I don’t think you should have problem in connection with the Android market using the Wi-Fi.