Thread: Has Google banned downloading SMS Spying App From Android Market ?

Has Google banned downloading SMS Spying App From Android Market ?

Hello people , although this is a technical forum , the I have got an off topic query , I have heard that there was an application developed and a was being put for sale in the Android market , that application worked as a spyware software I cannot actually recall the name of the application but later on I came to know that it was being removed from the market , is that true , was that application that much notorious , I will ask you people to place your comments on this question.

Re: Has Google banned downloading SMS Spying App From Android Market ?

Well I do not think that people should have made such big issue of it . This is not even near to the first spyware software out for Android. Nor is it even the opening and spyware application to hit the Android Market. As a matter of fact, I can count dozens of spyware apps that currently reside in the Market. So, what's the difference with this one? The only dissimilarity is that the chief tech media has been certain to join the argument that security investigators have been concerned in for several years now.

Would have been nicer to hear that an application like this would have never created it to the market in the first place. I don't desire the Android Market locked down such as Apple's App Store, but somewhat needs to be prepared to seize such deliberately made bad applications like this previous to this they get onto the Market. Just a bit of disapproval here. I have the same opinion that applications like this should never have been developed but do not you people consider it is a little insincere that google would eliminate it while they "by chance" pickup information and carry it to the government. I believe we know the meaning of privacy and it should be forced on all levels. True, this would hastily get out of hand and very shortly it would be totally compulsory that all Android smartphones be running a firewall and spyware apps.

Even though Android is an open system, there are restrictions to what Google will permit as the developers of the app with the Secret SMS Replicator found out. Added to the Android Market on a day , the application was removed , after abundant complaints. The app permitted users to read SMS messages not intentional or actually meant for their eyes, by having the message moved from the host phone to the user's phone in secret.

Yes I too had such news Referring to the Android Market Content Policy, Google hastily removed the application out the back door. , CEO of product developer DLP, protected his firm's Frankenstein creation when he had to report the media and press, "This app is surely notorious, but can be supportive to people in where they are looking for monitoring can be useful," The executive continued, "The app is exceptional because there is no noticeable icon or shortcut to have a control on it, so once it's installed, it will keep on to monitor without revealing itself."