Thread: Android 2.2 Froyo for T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant

Android 2.2 Froyo for T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant

I am the owner of this cell phone here and I just want to know if there is any way by which I can update the cell phone of mine. I have seen that this cell phone has Android here and I have just read some of the articles on the Internet that there is an update available for this cell phone. I just want to get it confirmed and I have shown up myself here. Also I would like to know if it will be really worthy of getting it installed on the cell phone as well. I have seen that some of the updates have seriously brought down the cell phones and hence I do not want to make the same happen here. I would like to the suggestion from the one that have experienced it and I will only go with their suggestions in the matter.

Re: Android 2.2 Froyo for T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant

This is not at all a rumor here and I have seen that these update is been released and it has been approved by T-Mobile and Samsung. One that is having the Android 2.1 in his cell phone can easily has the cell phone updated to Android 2.2 and that too with much ease. For this update that you will be required to have the Samsung Kies Mini software. I really think that if you want to enjoy the technology then it will be appreciated if you can just have the cell phone updated properly and hence I would recommend that you have this update installed on the cell phone.

I would also like to make the same recommendation and if you want I can just list some of the features why you should have this update installed on your cell phone there. First of all it will simply keeps the cell phone of yours updated and in addition to this will allow the cell phone to work in the desired manner and will also allow at the same time to work with the latest changes in the technologies there. In addition to this you will also have the performance of the cell phone boosted as well and I really think that you will not at all want to miss this there. In addition to this you will also see the WiFi-calling and internet tethering and in addition to this mobile hotspot. Hope that you will not waste your time in getting it downloaded.

Well I would have preferred it to be downloaded on the cell phone and I have seen that my colleagues have just brought down the reasons for which you should have it downloaded but I have something that I would like to share about this update. This update that is going to be released here is not at all going to come to you all as an over-the-air (OTA) update. You will be able to have this update installed in your case via microUSB cable and then connecting the same to the system. In addition to this you will be required to make use of the Samsung Kies software. You can download the same from the official site. If you have this in your case then you can definitely have this but if not then you will be required to have this at the first place.

I think that getting the Samsung Kies software is not a big deal and one you have this for you then you can just have the way by which you can have the way by which you can have the Android Froyo installed on the cell phone. Press the Menu option on the cell phone and then tap the Applications. Under the application option you can tap the USB Settings there. Now make a tap on Ask on connection. Now tap the Menu option there. Now put in the USB data cable into the phone. Now select the Samsung Kies when the phone asks you there. Now you will be required to follow the instructions that come to your screen. After that I am pretty sure that you will find this update installed on the cell phone there.

If you are having trouble with the cell phone then it will be better if you can just have the cell phone reset and then you move for the update after that. Just turn off the cell phone and then press and hold down the Volume Down, Volume Up and Power buttons. You will have to hold down these three keys till you see the Samsung Vibrant logo on the screen of the cell phone. Once you see that then you can release the button. Now you will be required to select the Delete all data option and you can select that using the Volume Down button. Now finally you will be required to press the Power button after this. It is advisable that you back up all the data before going with this step.