Thread: Is it possible to make iOS 4.2.1 trust the self-signed certificate used by the the mail ?

Is it possible to make iOS 4.2.1 trust the self-signed certificate used by the the mail ?

I connect to a mail server in which there is a self-signed certificate. Under previous editions of iOS, this intended that I would have to permit the server connection once after a phone restore or update; however under iOS 4.2.1, I have to permit the certificate every time I access mail after the phone turns idle for the 'lock' time.Is there any way to get a iOS 4.2.1 to have faith in the self-signed certificate the mail server uses?

Re: Is it possible to make iOS 4.2.1 trust the self-signed certificate used by the the mail ?

This is also an problem that I have been experiencing since upgrading last night. I contacted Apple Care, but as my phone is in excess of the 90 days early phone support period, the person I talked to them but couldn't actually help. She recommended deleting my accounts (I’ve got 5 with this problem ) and recreating them, which I had completed this morning, to no benefit. She also recommended to make a new server and switch off SSL, but that didn't work either. Seems as if I will have to contact the Apple again.

Re: Is it possible to make iOS 4.2.1 trust the self-signed certificate used by the the mail ?

I seem to have found a resolution for this. I had a user name and password which was there in my Outgoing Mail Server figures; I have at the moment detached these as they come out to be voluntary You will most likely still obtain the verification message a couple of occasions while setting up your accounts or transforming your settings, but once this is done, return to your Outgoing Mail Server and en sure SSL is switched off. I have created all my accounts again so far, so good it has given me positive results ..

I am not actually technical at all, so I am not certain I completely understand the subtleness of it all, but I haven not been getting any message at all because I have completed this, either for inbound or outgoing mails, and trust me, I attempted sending and getting emails a certain times from each of my accounts ahead of posting on here. Whether this is the resolution, I can not assure , but it is at present working for me, and considered it may be useful to others. It seems like it is saving me a tour to the Apple store, which is absolutely a plus.