Thread: Nokia 5800 cannot be unlocked

Nokia 5800 cannot be unlocked

Friend, I am using the Nokia 5800 from last three months and that was not showing me any problem with it. But from last nice it started showing me some bugs with it. It keeps on saying that the phone is locked. So I tried to unlock that for many times but that does not help me to solve this problem. I have not seen the problem like this earlier and that is the reason that I don’t know any way from which this issue can be resolved. I am just able to receive the calls but cannot make calls as it is not getting unlocked. So please tell me if there is any possible way to unlock this phone. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying this post.

Re: Nokia 5800 cannot be unlocked

This problem can also be cause by the faulty memory card that you are using. If you want to check that then you will just have to remove the memory card from your phone and then try to use that without memory card and is that is also showing you the same problem then there may be some other problem but id the problem is resolved after this then it will confirm that the problem is with the memory card and it is having some bug into it. So you should connect the memory card to your computer with the help of card reader and format the card totally. After doing that, you can insert the card again in your phone. I don’t think that this will show you that problem again.

There may be some problem with the unlock slider that is there at the side of the phone. That may be damaged internally and so not generating the signal to unlock the phone. You can take the phone to some mobile repairing shop and ask them to change that slider button. If the issue is because of that damaged button then changing the button will solve the issue for you. I wish that this will solve the problem for you.

If you are able to resolve the issue with any of the other solution then that is very good but if that is not able to help you in any way then the only way that can help you is to do the hard reset to your phone and that will surely solve the problem for you. If you want to do that then you will have to press the Green + Red + Camera button together and after that power on the phone. Do not release those three buttons till you see the handshaking logo of Nokia. Once you see that then release those buttons. If it asks you for the password then you will have to type 12345, this is the default security code for the Nokia model. But make sure that you have taken the backup for all the data in your phone because it will totally format the phone. Make this as a last option if nothing helps you.

It is also possible that the firmware that is installed in your phone may be corrupted and that is the reason that you are getting this problem. According to me, you should have to upgrade to the latest version of the firmware. If you are not sure that how can you do that the your can go to some mobile repair shop and ask them to do the same and they will upgrade your phone to the latest version of the firmware available. I have seen many cases like this where upgrading the firmware resolves the issue and I wish that this will do the same for you.