Thread: Software update Not Done in Nokia X5

Software update Not Done in Nokia X5

Hey hi everyone I have just got myself the new phone of Nokia X5, the phone is best with the OVI store options in it and makes the use of the options of the OVI store Suite properly in it. But I am now trying to make the use of the latest software in it, and also do the latest update in it, but I am not able to do it properly in it. The update just shuts down automatically and I have no idea what is the issue with it. And also the USB connection that is being done in the phone is not working due to this issue in it. Please help me with what is the issue with it, and also the related software that can be used by me for it.

Re: Software update Not Done in Nokia X5

Check that when you are doing the update in the phone it will switch off automatically and also you don’t require switching the phone once when the update is being done to the phone. Also see that the phone will be switched off for a particular time that is for 4-5 mins and if the time of the wait is being increase then it is that you have to see that some of the issue is being faced by the system and you have to start the phone manually.

And also if the phone is switching off then it is that you have to see the various connection that you have done for the phone and which one is having the issue in it. And it is but oblivious that the phone will display the option as the USB connection is just lost. And make sure that the connection of the phone is not being done unless it is starting down automatically that is switching ON automatically. And once when the phone is switched on then you can just continue with the installation in it.

When I was making the use of the OVI suite the similar issue was being faced by me, but it all left when I made the use of the update manger then it is that you have to do the settings in the update manager itself for the updating of the software to place properly. You have to work out with the updates properly or else the OVI suite will be starting the updating from the start even if you have done the updates half a way. So check that here you don’t have the option of the continuing of the updates.

Some of them are having the same issue so they have tried it out with the updating of the firmware and this is the below given steps that will be working for you for the update of the firmware:
    • At the start you have to format the memory card.
    • Then go for the soft reset of the phone by using the number*#7370#.
    • After that update the ovi application for the latest of the one.
    • Then you can just fully charge the phone, and then the connection to the laptop or the desktop can be done in it.

And also it is that you can reinstall or update from the factory state. Then you can just see that whether the updates is being done or not.