Thread: Nokia N8 Social App doesn't load images

Nokia N8 Social App doesn't load images

Hello everyone. I have recently got N8 and i just love the phone. Touch sensitivity is great, large display and has everything i need. I went to friends place yesterday and i wanted to access facebook. So i opened the facebook application available with the Nokia N8. I managed to open it but there are no images. I tried nimbuzz and even that didn't load images, I opened the web browser and it shows images just fine. But with applications i cannot. All social media application doesn't load image. What is wrong with my new N8?

re: Nokia N8 Social App doesn't load images

Even i had seen this problem. I dont own this Nokia N8 phone but my friend has it. I tried to log into his facebook application with my account and images didn't show up. At first i thought there might be some problem, so i tried again after some time. But the again same issue. I tried using the skype application. Even that application didn't load avatar images. From what i know, i think there is some bug in this phone as the symbian ^3 OS is new and it is buggy. So lets hope for a firmware update which has all the major bug fixed.

I guess you need to check the facebook application and check which version you are using. If you are using the version 1.3 then you must download the new application and install it. you should know that facebook application v1.3 was called back and it was updated shortly after its released as it had many bugs! If this is the matter, then you should downlaod the facebook app from ovi store. The new version is fixed and all your images will be displayed the way it should. Try it out. Also if this is not the issue then would like to try your facebook account to open in someone else's phone phone and see if that works. If you can access your facebook account on other phone and not your phone then the application is at fault. Netherlessly just download the latest version of facebook application from ovi store as this is going to work. Hope this is useful...

You can update the facebook application after logging into your account from the facebook application itself. Log into your account and see if you get your profile properly. Ofcourse your image will not load. But everything else should show up. Now if you have navigated to some other page, return to the account page and then select options. Go to the very last option which says update service and select it. Give it some time so that it can update your application. The time taken by this process is dependent on the internet speed you have. Be patient and it will work.

Thanks for all your valuable responses. I have tried everything, but nothing seems to work. I have tried updating the facebook version from it and it took 50mins to download the update. Didn't work. Downloaded the latest version from the ovi store, didn't work, Download the the latest version from ovi store onto PC then transferred it to the phone, then installed it. Still didn't work. I again tried to open nimbuzz and even that doesn't show images. I don't think its the application's issue. I suspect my phone being the culprit. Any advice? Shall i get my phone's OS flashed from the care center? Please help.

Well i had a similar issue with my phone. But mine was a different model. It was C5. I thought my phone is at problem and i took it to the customer service and they flashed it and gave it to me. I was happy to have it back. But when i checked this problem was not solved. I could not get images on any applications. Then i suspected that my internet connection might be slow which is not allowing to download images. To make sure if this is the problem or not, I opened facebook application and kept it that was without touching the phone for atleast 1 hour. When i saw it again, all the images were loaded on the profile page. Now when i navigated, to the friend's tab it showed only the images for 3 profiles and rest of them were not loaded. I now changed my service provider to reliance. I'm in india and it has a 3G connection. I opened facebook on this sim and all the images were loaded almost instantly. I would suggest you try the application with your wifi connection or some high speed net service provider.