Thread: Check data usage on a blackberry torch 9800

Check data usage on a blackberry torch 9800

Hi all, I am using the blackberry torch 9800 and I can say that this is a very nice phone to use. But I am having some doubt with it. I just want to know that How can I check the data uses on the blackberry torch 9800. I am using the AT&T as service provider. So is there anyone who can tell me that how can I able to do that then please let me know that. I am new to this and that is the reason that I m not having much idea regarding this. If anyone over here can provide me the way to do that then this will be really appreciative. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this post.

Re: Check data usage on a blackberry torch 9800

Hey, it is very easy to check the data uses for your blackberry torch 9800. If you want to do that then you will just have to go the website of the provider and then register and setup an account for your phone number. This is the only thing that you will have to do and once you are done with this then you will be able to observe all the billing details for your phone. I think that there is no other way to do that and this is the only thing that can help you. Thank you.

I would like to tell you that there is not any built-in method that can do that. If you need to check the total data uses for your phone then you can try to use the free edition of Mobile Minutes Tracker that is from the BB App World. This is the ad supported but will function great for your phone. It will get all your voice, data and SMS usage as of most carriers. Other than this the PageOnce Personal Assistant will also work great for you and is able to track many credit cards etc. I wish that this will help you. Thank you.

OK, if you want to get the report on the data uses for your blackberry torch 9800 then the best way to do that is to make a contact with the carrier that you are using. In your cases to AT&T, as you told and ask them for the same. They will provide you the detailed report for the data usage in blackberry torch 9800. This is the best way to do that and I am sure that you will get the thing that you wish to obtain. Thank you.

Hi. I just got my blackberry torch Wednesday night. I love it! You CAN check your usage. All you have to do is go to the main screen and click the search button in the top right hand corner. Type in "usage" and the "View Data Usage" icon with pop up. Click on that and then touch the "recently Activity" box. You will shortly receive a text tell you how much data you have used.

I have a question.....does this phone drain data? It seems as if it is always on the internet. I have gotten to the point that I have turned off both the mobile and wi fi to save mb (I only have 200 right now) but then I can't receive texts or phone calls. Any suggestions?

Thank you very much for the reply and drazen04 i dont think that blackberry torch drain any kind of data there will be some other kind of problem in it.

Thanks for your reply. I think there was something wrong with it. I ended up taking it back and exchanging it for a new one...works MUCH better!

Quote Originally Posted by drazen04 View Post
    I have a question.....does this phone drain data? It seems as if it is always on the internet. I have gotten to the point that I have turned off both the mobile and wi fi to save mb (I only have 200 right now) but then I can't receive texts or phone calls. Any suggestions?
    If you have turned on the internet surfing to automatic then it will surely drain data's continously, you will have to end all task related to each and every apps that is using internet connectivity. However, with the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescirbed for most gltiches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.