Thread: Nokia C6: WLAN not working properly

Nokia C6: WLAN not working properly

I have obtained a novel Nokia C6 one week back. The whole thing is wonderful regarding the phone the look, function, cost and easiness of usage. I thing this mobile will be the most excellent Smartphone from nokia. I require a help. I have a broadband internet and wireless Modem at my house and I connect my laptop to it through Wi-Fi. On the other hand am unable to attach my phone to the broadband connection through that Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi is in receipt of connected to the phone- the attached Wi-Fi symbol is showing on the mobile however while I am annoying to browse when unlocking the web, pages its exhibiting unacceptable server name. Don't know how to determine it. When connecting to the computer there is an alternative to key in the username and password but in the mobile I am unable to discover any such alternative. The WPA/PSK2 password is emerging and has been entered in correctly on the phone and the modem is properly joined. Please help me.

re: Nokia C6: WLAN not working properly

It occurs to me occasionally. I have no problem connecting WI-FI at neither house nor office, but I do have trouble accessing a few of the well known public WI-FI connection. I thought it could be the safety setting of the router doesn’t match the normal Nokia setting. Maybe you could attempt changing your router safety. I wish this information useful for you.

While you’re mobile is unable to attach to your home Wi-Fi network is, your Wi-Fi router could have MAC sift on. This means that devices whose MAC address is effort (below part MAC filter) in your Wi-Fi router will attach. This is an additional layer of wireless safety so that it stops unauthorized users to utilize your Wi-Fi network. You may like to put in the MAC address of your mobile to your Wi-Fi router. For that, you require to primary immobilize the MAC filter in the Wi-Fi router, attach your phone- if this efforts then you can observe the MAC address of your mobile that can after that be added to your MAC filter earlier than enabling it.

Ensure if your Wi-Fi router has DHCP facilitated. Else, it will agree to just static IP address that has to be entered in the device. Most excellent alternative is to create the Wi-Fi router DHCP enabled below LAN part and have as a minimum 15 IP address range that will assist you attach wireless printers, Laptop, even desktops can be utilized in excess of wireless with the exercise of wireless adaptors costing below $30. Hope this helps!

I am having the similar problem here. I am a network engineer functioning for D-Link. Me and my friend purchased 2 of these handsets jointly. My brother has got N 79. I have a DIR-600 router at house. My Wi-Fi is protected with WPA-2 safety with AES (MAC filter is immobilized). The handset appears to attach to the Wi-Fi for occasionally and I can access the internet. If the phone reboots for a few cause when accessing or installing any application (that occurs fairly often) or comes back from a place outside my Wi-Fi exposure, the handset emerges to be attached to Wi-Fi but wont access internet (with error: unacceptable Server name). One time I receive this message, even later than eliminating the profile (below Destinations) or rebooting the handset I receive the similar error. The other C6 will present the similar error and N-79 with respond with awful gateway. The just alternative is to reboot the router later than which the phones will exertion and the procedure replicates. I don't have any additional device functioning on 2.4 GHz anyplace close to the router.