Thread: Blackberry unlock codes clarification

Blackberry unlock codes clarification

I am trying to unlock a Blackberry 9650 which is locked to Verizon. I plan on making use of the website expressunlockcode. They have charge me of 40.99 which looks good. So regarding this my question is that if I make use of the code it will unlock it to both at&t and T-Mobile correct? I am not able to find explanation on if unlock codes only work for specific or multiple. I have also heard that I am able to call the carrier AT&T or T-Mobile for a code but I am little bit confused if this would only unlock it for that network or both. I did not desire to obtain a code just for AT&T and unable to use it on T-Mobile etc. Can anyone please help me on this.

Re: Blackberry unlock codes clarification

After reading about it I come to know that T-mobile or AT&T will not provide you the unlock codes, because this BlackBerry is not theirs, it's Verizon's. It is not "locked to Verizon". It's locked period. And blackberry 9650 is both a CDMA device, which works on Verizon network, and it is also a GSM/UMTS device. The GSM side you can unlocked, which will allow you to make use of it on AT&T or T-Mobile. On the other hand, you will obtain EDGE speeds, since the UMTS bands of 9650 are mismatched along with either AT&T's or T-Mobile UMTS. So this is what I know about it and I am sure that this will help you.

Regarding this I also want to know or you can say that I want to ask you one question which is that I want to make use of it on either AT&T or T-Mobile I require a sim card from them correct? So after unlocking in the SIM options does this process have to be done once more to unlock the SIM or is the device unlocked everlastingly? What you want to say on this. How to fix this? If you guys have any suggestion on this then please suggest me as soon as it is possible. And I just want to thank you in advance.

Regarding this I have one suggestion and related to this I am sure that this will help you in order to get proper solution of your query. In this you just buy the code from the website about which it is given in the first post. Or you can also go to the eBay website I think it will be more cheaper for you. And through there you just unlock your blackberry and make use on AT&T or T-Mobile. You will, require a Blackberry specific data plan to fully make use of all the BB services.