Thread: Need information about Fujitsu Lifebook S710

Need information about Fujitsu Lifebook S710

I was looking for information about the Fujitsu Lifebook S710 which is a good business notebook. I didn't find anything about that notebook, so thought to post my own thread. I am visited this forums many times, but this is the first time I am posting something. So I would like to request all members to ignore my mistakes and expecting some helping hand from your side. I am sure that you will help me with this topics.

Re: Need information about Fujitsu Lifebook S710

Fujitsu offers the notebook also with other processors from Intel's current Core-i-series, from the core up to the i3-330M-620M i7. The processor is the QM57 chipset side, the Intel vPro technology support. In the test notebook, processor, 2 GB DDR3 SDRAM access, in one of two bases inserted a 2 GB module. The 14-inch display has a resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels and LED backlight. To control takes care of Intel's HD Graphics. The said optional webcam has a resolution of 1.3 megapixels. External displays can be controlled by the S710 via VGA or DisplayPort. In the WLAN transmits the Lifebook S710 with Intel 6200AGN 802.11n under. Our test unit has for wireless communication in addition, an integrated UMTS modem on board. This is from Sierra and supports downlink up to 7.2 Mbit / s. Communication by cable via Intel Gbit chip, or via a traditional modem (V.92).

Peripherals find three USB ports connection. The eSATA port is configured separately. For extensions is an ExpressCard slot available. For the Lifebook S710, a port replicator is available, this brings not just the usual DVI ports as well as serial and parallel port. Concerning security, the BIOS can CompuTrace, this belongs to the Advanced Theft Protection from Fujitsu. In the event of theft, the notebook remotely located, are blocked or deleted. In terms of access security to notebooks, the LifeBook S710 offers in the test equipment both a smart card reader and a fingerprint sensor. The hard drive in the test device has a capacity of 160 GB. Fujitsu's SATA hard drives with up to 500 GB, this notebook for. The options are also a SSD (128 GB) and a hard drive with integrated encryption (320 GB) available.

I would like to provide some details about the display of this notebook. The 14-inch display on the LifeBook S710 is an LED backlight and equipped with working with the now standard resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels. However, the 768er resolution forcing users to scroll more often than is the case with 14-inch display with a vertical resolution of 900 pixels. The display is designed mat. Our test notebook reached a maximum brightness of 250 cd / m - this is for an LED-backlit display a relatively average value. For working in dark environments can be regulated according to the display unit to 32 cd / m down, which is still relatively bright in contrast matters is not the display of the strong character types. The uniformity of the illumination is satisfactory.

At the keyboard light in 19-mm standard grid are exposing little. The Enter button is down sufficiently large cursor are well positioned. Attack and stroke are fine, the edition does however somewhat unstable. The arranged above the actual keyboard special keys have been one or the other Lifebook-generation tradition. In example, you can retrieve specific power management settings of a button. As a mouse with a touchpad are two buttons and a track point available. The touchpad buttons provide a decent click feel with good feedback. The 13-inch model Lifebook S760 also brings with even a so-called wheel pads, this is missing from the S710. The Lifebook in the test equipment brings 2.35 kg on the scales, that is for a 14-inch set an average result. To travel you need another power supply and cable, beating with another 430 grams to book. The hinges of the display lid are sturdy, the lid keeps even pressure and torsion in dimensions was satisfactory.

The Lifebook S710, the test equipment were used with an Intel Core i5 520M. It works with a basic clock frequency of 2.4 GHz, the turbo frequency ranges up to 2.93 GHz. The Core i5 520M is equipped with 3 MB L2 cache, and specified with a TDP of 35 watts. Since in particular is integrated in these new processors are not only the memory controller, but the graphics into the processor, can the TDP values do not compare with those of the Core 2 Duo predecessors. The 17 applications are used through the different scenarios. This benchmark uses the workload in four scenarios: E-learning, office productivity, video creation, and 3D modeling. SYSmark2007 Preview opens multiple programs simultaneously and makes the application partially work in the background. In the overall standings of the SYSmark 2007 Preview, the LifeBook S710 in test worth 143 points, which is a good outcome. By comparison, business notebooks based on Intel's previous platform with Core 2 Duo reached in our tests in the control values to 125 points. In the performance rating of MobileMark2007 the Lifebook S710 comes to 224 points, also a good result. Away from the measured values gives the notebook used in practice always enough motivation. However, this is accompanied at times by the vocal fans. The built-in test unit 160-GB hard drive from Fujitsu (Fujitsu MJA2160BH G2) contributes only a very average performance figures for overall performance. Since only the optionally available alternatives be a little potent. In the 3D performance achieved the combination of core i5 processor and Intel's platform-modern HD graphics performance. Thus, the results in 3DMark06 twice as high as in similar notebooks from the previous generation.

The Lifebook S710 has on the front of the case a proper switch to sever any wireless connections - commendable. The system of the notebook can be included on the Windows -7-Recovery CD Restore Driver and tools are located on a separate medium. Even when business devices supplied disks are no longer a matter of course. The restoration work thanks to the Fujitsu tools fairly comfortable. Speaking of comfort: the number of pre-installed software (trial versions) is very clear, which saves the user possibly longer uninstall orgies. Also the main thing about the laptop is battery. You should also have an idea about battery life. Our test laptop is equipped with a six-cell battery, which has a capacity of 56 Wh - a common size. In addition, the data sheet and a six-cell battery with 62 Wh is available. Fujitsu Lifebook S710 maintains the laudable tradition of the true modularity. The optical drive can be swapped out for a second battery. This has a capacity of at least 41 Wh and proposes as an extra 189 euros. To determine the maximum term, we simulate a text input in the most economical Windows scheme. The brightness is set to zero. In test runs, the LifeBook in this discipline just under six hours. This is a notebook of this power class, a satisfactory result.