Thread: iPhone 4: Incoming calls are directly forwarded to Voice Mail

iPhone 4: Incoming calls are directly forwarded to Voice Mail

I am having iPhone 4.0.1 which is jailbroken for Rogers 3G network. I have found that phone enters in to offline mode haphazardly. I have also seen that all the incoming calls are simply transferred to the voice mail. I can only see missed call whenever Rogers sends me notification message regarding the missed call that who called me. Well it occurs in both situations when I am having phone on my hand or I am sitting on table. I am not having any low quality application on my phone. Well let me know if you are having the same problem which I have posted here also let me know the possible solution to solve the matter. Thanks a lot advance.

Re: iPhone 4: Incoming calls are directly forwarded to Voice Mail

I think in this particular situation I suspect that this problem is occurring due to jailbreak. Well I am suggesting you that you should try with resetting the network settings of your iPhone. You can use the following instructions to reset the network settings of the iPhone.
    • You have to tap on the Home screen and go for Settings.
    • Now go to General and choose Reset and now tap on Reset Network Settings. Note that you need to enter wireless password if it is prompted.
    I am suggesting you that try with above mentioned settings and see whether it helps you or not.

Well I think I have found the root cause of the problem. Well I have been taken my iPhone to Apple Store Genius Bar in order to identify the root cause of the problem. They had done hardware test on my phone and there was everything ok on my phone. However they had found something wrong while performing software test. It was showing that MobilePhone.app which was installed on the phone was crashing. I doubt that this problem was occurring due to compatibility issue. I am thinking I will go for restore factory settings and I am hoping that it will help me to solve this particular issue. Thanks a lot for reading.

In many case I have seen that problem gets fix if you reset Voice mail. Well to reset the voice mail you have to use the following steps.
    • You have to call 611 and you have to finish with password reset process.
    • Once the process gets complete you will receive text message which contains temporary voicemail password.
    • Once you have finished calls will flow normally and it will go to voice mail if it is not answered.
    I am hoping that above mentioned solution will help you to solve the matter. Let me know whether it was helpful to you or not.

I am suggesting you that you should app like AppSwitch which will help you to observe whether there is apps are crashing or out of memory conditions. As far as I know it is difficult to figure out why this problem is happing in your situation since there are several issues are associated which might be causing the issue. It might be happening due to handset issue or due to fault of the network service provider.