Thread: How to mutiboot with using Power Kernel (from PR 1.3) and NITDroid?

How to mutiboot with using Power Kernel (from PR 1.3) and NITDroid?

I am having Nokia N900 on which I have installed NITDroid on it. I have not much more about main devs. I have decided to upgrade with PR 1.3. Well I want to know to how one can get Power Kernel PR 1.3 and to deal with mulitiboot? Anyone having any idea regarding this issue please post your experience here. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated. I am waiting for your prompt reply. Thanks a lot in advance.

re: How to mutiboot with using Power Kernel (from PR 1.3) and NITDroid?

I am having Nokia N900 and downloaded FOTA update on phone of mine. I have only installed Power Kernel on the phone of mine. Before continuing with installation I have reflashed the memory card of the phone. I have found that its working fine. Well if you are getting any problem while doing the same please let me know. I will definitely help you out from it. Thanks a lot for reading.

Well I have successfully downloaded and installed OTA on the device. However I made a silly mistake. Well I have boot the device into NitDroid. After booting back to Maemo I have found that 42-11 kernel was running on the device. Its working fine but I want to know which the easiest method to provide latest kernel to Maemo if you are using multiboot. Any idea to this question let me know as soon as possible.

I think you should download latest OMAP and power kernel from the official site. You have to do desired editing in to xxxx.item which is located in /etc/multiboot. You have to use apt-get install kernel-power-bootimg kernel-power-modules. And you have to boot Power 44. Well do the above mentioned. I am hoping that it will help you to solve the issue of yours. Feel free if you are having any query or issue with this particular suggestion