Thread: Does Blackberry PIN messenger works as free of charge for international messages

Does Blackberry PIN messenger works as free of charge for international messages

A Few days ago I have bought a new blackberry bold 9700. As the name suggest it has the bold look and very attractive. By this mobile I also got the Blackberry PIN messenger. However at first I didn’t know about this messenger but after asking several people I get to know about it. But my question is if that can be used to message internationally. Is there any possibility to message people who are in other country and who owns the blackberry mobile. I would be even helpful if it is free of cost, so that I can all time get in touch with my closed ones. What should I need to do to make out like that?

Re: Does Blackberry PIN messenger works as free of charge for international messages

I think that the Blackberry messenger uses the data plan of your mobile in order to send messages to other mobiles. The data usage of single short message is 1Kb or depending on the length of the message. The Blackberry customer might have data plan on their mobile. And you will notice the usage of data by this messenger because the 1KB will not be noticed. If you really want a free of charge messaging service then I think that you should use your home internet by connecting your phone via wifi and setting that connection as default. This will not gonna cost you but it will work only when you are within the network zone.

Re: Does Blackberry PIN messenger works as free of charge for international messages

BlackBerry Messenger as well as PIN messaging is fundamentally the similar. It’s just the data. If you are house and mail a pin/bbm message anyplace within the world you might be charged as regarding to the data plan activated or offered on your phone. If you are in the unlimited data plan then you don’t need to worry about. You can send as many as messages possible to other mobile. It’s a somewhat dissimilar when you are absent from home place while since you should pay data usage amount according to the roaming rule of your telecom operator.

BlackBerry Messenger is merely an instantaneous messaging application intended for BlackBerry-to-BlackBerry message or chat. It permits 2 users by way of BlackBerrys to converse in instantaneously anyplace in the world on condition that they encompass data plan or service. By means of BlackBerry Messenger there is no such for each message cost similar network operator SMS service; the messages which you are going to send will be sent all the way through RIM servers alike to emails. So there is no worry about get paid. But when the other user in different country or location then you might be get charged.

The messages which you are going to send from the Blackberry PIN messenger will be sent as email messages. They will pass through the servers before sending to the receiver. So it uses the data plan on your mobile. So no matter which place the receiver resides you will not get charged as international rate. The charge remains the same as in local area. One thing to remember that without the data plan it may not able to send messages but sometime it can if your account balance is not empty.