Thread: HTC Desire HD Vs Samsung Galaxy S

HTC Desire HD Vs Samsung Galaxy S

Its almost been a year i am using a Nokia E63 Cell Phone. But now i am looking forward to purchase a new tab type Phone with full touchscreen so i researched a lot to find one for my self and after a lot of research i found that either i should go for the HTC Desire HD or Samsung Galaxy S. Both these phones really pleased me but i am a bit confused to purchase a new Phone. Here i will be very much thankful to you if you provide some features and specification of these two cell phones.

Re: HTC Desire HD Vs Samsung Galaxy S

This brand-new Desire HD does not look like his little brother who shared much of its features with the Nexus One of Google. It has more to do with a clone of the Touch HD 2 Windows Mobile that would be powered by Android. The device is wider than the Desire, although the resolution remains the same. Another important point, HTC abandons AMOLED HTC HTC Desire 1 and Legend and makes a regrettable reversal. Desire HD is equipped with an LCD screen classic and not S-LCD. Another change: the three physical buttons located on the bottom of the screen have been replaced with touch controls. It also notes the absence of the small optical mouse that advantageously complemented the touch screen.

Upto my knowledge Samsung galaxy has an AMOLED display is truly exhilarating. I put it equal to the lowest brightness level and even then it still looks better than LCD displays available here (DSLR for example). Let's see whether the change of brightness also will bring benefits in relation to the term. Legibility is given almost any angle, AMOLED is clearly the future, the Samsung gets it right. Otherwise, bring the phone with everything that has promised the sheet in advance, have Wi-Fi, GPS, 5MP auto-focus camera with LED light. Definitely a very good choice you must go for it.

On a purely practical, some may criticize the implementation of the headset jack on the bottom of the terminal (when it was positioned on top of the first named Desire). Another embarrassing shadow over this time: the power button does not extend far enough from the hull to be operated easily. HTC has also included the concept of HTC unibody Legend. To access the battery and Micro SD and SIM slots, you must remove two compartments (on the right side and bottom of the mobile). In passing, we note that the Desire HD is equipped with a battery of 1230 mAh 1400 mAh cons for the first Desire. We'll see if this penny-pinching economy impact the autonomy significantly.

Samsung Galaxy is the best to go for since it has a battery which appears to be reasonably strong, I will post more information on this as soon as he has a few cycles behind. After the first use, without being charged, he stood at about 80% this morning (10 clock) I have the battery fully charged and the status shows currently at 56% so you should still get there a whole day. Certainly there are users that the cell phone more than the stress, as I had, but I activated during the entire term Wi-Fi, have used Wikitude, played a bit with the camera and video camera function, Twidroid run had me tortured by the Market, my RSS feeds viewed, surfed the Web, SMS messages written on the phone, tested Google Maps, Goole Skymap viewed and used a few other small things. So far I have not used the phone as MP3 player, but I thought it would, however, also begrudged, but because of the online functions. So much for the battery, for now.

I think that the HTC Desire HD will be a better choice for you because it has a software layer that manages the mobile telephony features and applications PIM were thoroughly reviewed by HTC. The changes are in the right direction. The grip is quite intuitive and most importantly, there is a good integration of social networks and other service microbloging the moment. Thus, it is possible to bind a native data from the directory of the phone with a contact or a pseudonym Twitter FaceBook. The sound quality is not to be outdone, the HD Desire is not a problem at this level. Attention, Desire HD is not equipped with a lens in front videophone.

Samsung Galaxy S is a rare and not to reconcile with the iPhone 3Gs. Moreover, when a person sees from afar, the Apple smartphone that comes quickly to mind. It is meticulously crafted, has no visible gaps creaks, not, however, attracts fingerprints like nothing else. On the back, I leave it in the first film transport, so you have a battery cover at least without very much. Speaking of battery before delivery was not so sure to come with the Samsung which battery would if there will be a 1440 mAh battery, or at least the first announced 1500, it is now out, in my Galaxy lies a 1500 mAh battery. This gives hope for an acceptable period. A brand is not available, a completely naked Android welcomed after the start of the phone.

I will advice you to get the Samsung Galaxy S you can connect over WLAN to the network is immediately after the establishment of the connection parameters and therefore, the first foray will be launched in the market. My first programs are here: ConnectBot (SSH client), locale (location-specific settings, for example, from GPS location = office, then 3G and WLAN), suitable to it (look for WiFi networks) nor the WiFi scanner, Compass (explained by itself), Battery status (convenient battery management with shortcuts to battery-eating features), Wikitude (who has not heard of it), ScummVM (in each of us there is a playing child), twidroid ( Twitter client) and the installed version of Google Maps updated.