Thread: Getting Android on the Nokia N810 using Nitdroid

Getting Android on the Nokia N810 using Nitdroid

While reading on the Internet about the Nitroid I have found it really exciting if it is possible to run it on my N810. Is the NITDroid just for Maemo5 or else does it as well support Maemo4 on N8x0 cell phones? I had been extremely fascinated in running it on my Nokia N810 if probable. I would be really glad if anyone can provide any information on this topic. Thank you in dvance for your valuable suggestion.

Re: Getting Android on the Nokia N810 using Nitdroid

Many people would like to be familiar with if they are able to as well as how to get Android on the Nokia N810 internet tablet. As I know Android is Google’s open source OS designed for cell phones. As of at the moment, Android cannot run on the Nokia n810, however nitdroid can. A lot of people call nitdroid as “android on the Nokia n810″ for the reason that it is so close. Nitdroid be able to be installed with no command line scripts as well as can be dual booted all the way through the maemo GUI (that edition of Android has no functionality). The terrible side to nitdroid is that the sound and GPS as well as Bluetooth do not function up till now.

NITdroid is extremely much a work in progress, as well as it does not run all that effortlessly on the Nokia N800, which usually runs Nokia’s Maemo surroundings, however it is good to make out that it is opening to come as one. However if you installed nitdroid, you may get a lot of issue such as when you to try to power off it will automatically restart.

I have effectively flashed my N800 by means of NITdroid. I am a newbie in the Linux world thus I will present a few of my conclusion and mistakes in order that others may find helpful:
    1. one trouble through open source stuff is be short of of documentation or else I should speak thorough documentation. Inside the nitdroid_complete.sh:"echo NOTE: This program be supposed to NOT be run as root.echo It has definite parts which require to run as root."
    This means that as I am logged in as my own username, however the shell script make use of sudo (so the user will be root following the sudo command). There is this $USER variable which refers to the present user. So basically I am running component of the script on my username/Desktop at the same time as other things are running on root/Desktop. An simple fix is to substitute $USER by means of your present username inside the .sh file. Save as well as run as: sudo ./nitdroid_complete.sh so the whole thing will be inside your own home / Desktop folders.
    2. I enclose this Nokia N800 as well as the internal SDK card has just 128MB of memory. I consider I am supposed to flash->install the Operating System into the external SDcard because the internal one is less than 512MB. Make certain that you make use of the internal SD with as a minimum 512MB of RAM as well as take away the external SD.