Thread: Can I insert SSD into Eee PC?

Can I insert SSD into Eee PC?

I am trying something new with my Eee PC. I am having Asus Eee PC 1015 PEM, in which I am thinking to put SSD. I just want to know that can we dismantled an Eee PC to put an SSD? If anyone has tried this, please share something with me, so that it can be helpful for me. Also tell me about the performance after inserting SSD. I am waiting for your help. Please provide some useful tips for me.

Re: Can I insert SSD into Eee PC?

While an Intel Atom consumes little but its consumption is proportional to its power, short low. But it's not just the power of the Intel Atom that we do not like. When the first Eee PC 700 series came out, we have impelled by the sight of the beautiful 800x480 resolution offered by the screen. Things have not necessarily improved thereafter Eee PC with Intel Atom always flanked often accompanied by an unfortunate gigabytes of memory and hard disk anemic. Recently things have changed for the better with the arrival of netbooks with the new Dual Core Atom processors support Hyper-Threading, which allows them to handle 4 threads. While we are still far from the power of a desktop processor low-end but use a netbook is less unbearable. Because the concept is not necessarily bad: Lightweight take anywhere a PC with a 10 inch screen and a real keyboard may have its advantages over an iPad which pay dearly for its apple logo.

In short, the arrival of the new generation of Eee PC has given us feel like we take a closer look. To do this, we contacted Asus who provided us with an Eee PC 1015 EMP not too bad as long as it adopts the Intel Atom N550 dual core, 2 GB of memory, a graphics solution Intel GMA 3150 and ... a hard disk of 5400 RPM 320 GB. God as the launch of Windows 7 is slow starter. A coffee later, we install Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop, not to mention Firefox. 10 coffees later, we are launching Photoshop, which takes quite a while too. So yes, some will say that this kind of gear is not for photo editing. Except that in our use, we envision as a companion at trade shows and press conferences and therefore an image editing software is essential. But even the launch of Firefox is laborious and we find it hard to imagine using it extensively at events that we could cover.

I would like to discuss about the Dismantling. You should know about the dismantling before inserting some SSD into your lappy. We're not going to stride through this obstacle and it is rather that we will remove the damn netbooks. Once again I would like to inform you that you should do dismantling properly. The first step is to remove 4 screws located under the battery. They keep the keyboard attached to the chassis. Once removed, the removal of the keyboard is possible, but giving off plastic tabs that hold the chassis too. Care must be taken not to force on pain of breaking them. Be careful also not to withdraw too quickly because the keyboard is connected to the motherboard via a web to gently remove. This fact, remove many screws holding the black cover which aims to Recoup components of the Eee PC. Once the screws are removed, the party is not over as long as there must also identify many plastic tabs that hold the frame portion including the mouse. It takes a little force but not too much pain there too damaging a pin or component. The delicacy is necessary because groundwater connect the mouse to the motherboard.

It takes a little force but not too much pain there too damaging a pin or component. The delicacy is necessary because groundwater connect the mouse to the motherboard.
    After removal of this cache, we finally exposed components including the infamous 320 GB hard drive running at 5400 rpm. This is not a recent model as it is released in late 2007. This is the case of a Western Digital WD3200BEVT. We scrub them after removing two layers that cover and begin the cloning of its content on our Intel SSD.

The difference is final. SSD wins hands down and brings what's missing in this Eee PC, a disc worthy of the name. With SSD, the netbook is used without nervousness and becomes comfortable. It is striking at the launch of Windows but also when launching heavy applications like Photoshop. The icing on the cake, the consumption of the SSD is somewhat less than the Western Digital hard drive originally fitted. Change the hard drive of a PC or Eee netbook is not a trivial matter as on conventional notebooks. Too few models that give indeed hard disk access, but merely a trap to change the memory. We must therefore reverse the notebook, the risk of damaging parts and in all cases void the warranty. Once this delicate operation is completed, you will feel like having a laptop in the hands that boosted the slow hard disk is ancient history. Certainly, the ability goes on in our case from 320 to 80 GB but use a netbook with a 80GB drive is more than enough for a laptop for travel, even if it take an external hard drive 500 GB in its luggage.