Thread: Unable to turn off the airport express

Unable to turn off the airport express

Hi there to those nice enough to try and help me! Id di a bit of changes in my Macbook Pro , I erases and install (and zero HD) round two days back and everything worked well till yesterday . My Airport unexpectedly appeared to freeze and I was not able to turn it off. Then I actually restarted it and it showed an error to me saying that there is no such airport card actually installed in my system , I have gone through the forums , but could not find exact solution for this issue , so for that reason I have posted my question , please help me out . I am waiting for your response .

Re: Unable to turn off the airport express

I am at present having the same issue.I had done a bit of troubleshooting but could not resolve my issue , although I could not resolve my issue but just posted because it may assist in your case . I have attempted reinstalling OS X. I have also booted up in safe mode as well. I have reset my The System Management Controller firmware update . after that I had reset PRAM. I have done the extensive hardware test as well but unfortunately was not able to get the exact solution . I hope one of these gives you the correct path. Best of Luck .

When I had faced this issue I had called the Apple care (I have a macbook pro and in it I have os 10.5.2 installed ). They asked me to shut down the computer, take away the power cable and battery. I then had to pressed down the power button for more at least 5 seconds. I then placed the battery and plugged the power cable in it’s slot then I was told hold down the command, option, p & r keys will tapping the power button. I had to keep in that manner , p & r keys pressed down until I heard three start-up rings. Then I rebooted my system and thankfully my issue got resolved. I hope this works for you as well .

When I had faced this issue I had called the Apple care (I have a macbook pro and in it I have os 10.5.2 installed ). They asked me to shut down the computer, take away the power cable and battery. I then had to pressed down the power button for more at least 5 seconds. I then placed the battery and plugged the power cable in it’s slot then I was told hold down the command, option, p & r keys will tapping the power button. I had to keep in that manner , p & r keys pressed down until I heard three start-up rings. Then I rebooted my system and thankfully my issue got resolved. I hope this works for you as well .

I can tell you what had happened in my case , Although, in my case, the error was coming back each second week. I could not keep on patching the issue by resetting the PRAM. I had followed the same procedure that was mentioned in the above post mentioned to mine , but this did not resolve my issue as well , then I called the Apple support again and later on the executive over the call helped me in running a few number of test on the Airport express device and found out that it was faulty and then I got it replaced in a few course of time.

You can Boot to safe mode by holding the Shift key during the startup procedure . Once booted, you are adviced to reboot the computer and then run a test.Reset SMC by turning off the system , disconnecting battery and power cord and again the same procedure as it was mentioned . Once you are done with it .Boot to the install disc by pressing down the 'C' key while the system boots (with install disc in the CD ROM). Test out for an Airport menu as booted to the install disc. If it is not accepted during booted to the install disc, the Airport Card or logic board will require to be replaced.