Thread: Enable tethering on Sprint BlackBerry

Enable tethering on Sprint BlackBerry

Hi all, I like to use the BlackBerry phones. I am using this brand from last 3 years and now I want to tether on the Sprint BlackBerry. My problem is that, I don’t know the way to do that. So it will be a great help from you to me if you are able to give the answer for this. So if you have any idea that how can this be performed then please let me know that. I will appreciate each and every reply on this topic. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this post.

Re: Enable tethering on Sprint BlackBerry

I know the solution by which you will be able to do that. Here are the steps that you have to follow in order to do that.
    1. First of all, install QPST 2.7 build 215 (this is extremely significant, no additional one will function for it.
    2. Get your MSL/SPC as of Sprint.
    3. Obtain the Power Vision Username.
    4. Begin BBDM as well as QPST Configuration at the similar time, then if you put in the port to QPST, Choose "Service Programming" as of drop down menu.
    5. Choose your phone from the listing.
    6. Select the MIP tab
    7. make a fresh MIP profile and once you are completed you will contain two profiles, the initial one I m assuming is intended for provisioning and I would not muddle with it.
    8. Click on "OK" after that "write to phone", it will provide an error regarding the model changing lying on com X, do you desire to shut the connection, say NO it will write anyhow, then you will obtain another error regarding phone not responding. That is for the reason that it rebooted.
    9. once phone restarted then make a manual DUN connection with the connection as below:

• Phone number: #777
    • Username/password fields are empty.

It depends on how much time you comprise to seem into it. For OSX it was a two pace process, I did not install some 3rd party application or yet blackberry desktop manager (do not still know if they create it intended for mac) but I did comprise to put in a “modem script” to osx in order that it can utilize the blackberry the same as a Bluetooth data modem, basically the comparable of installing a driver inside windows. Once that was completed, I just have to generate a fresh dial-up connection, choose the modem, and place the APN, username as well as password (all of which are needy and sole to the cell phone supplier. After it’s all put and completed, I accurately just strike connect, stay 3 seconds and I am online through Bluetooth through the phone still within my pocket.

It is even easier for the Windows. You will have to install the desktop manager (that as well installs the modem driver), then generate a dialup connection except this simply works by means of USB cable. There looks to be a difficulty by means of the vista Bluetooth stack (otherwise maybe it is compatibility by means of blackberry modems within particular. a number of Google results looks to say there may be a solution, but I have not looked in it excessively much. (I comprise a Mac laptop and I have just used it a small number of times on home by means of USB once at what time my cable internet was downward.

You will have to go to Control Panel > Phone & Modem choice. Open the Modems tab, you must observe a new-fangled “Standard Modem” on a novel port (for example COM6 otherwise COM11). Though, if your modem is absent: If this modem entrance is missing and cannot be establish with Plug n Play then you might have to physically put in it. Confirm that you encompass “RIM Virtual Serial Port” drivers installed. Observe that what COM ports the RIM Virtual Serial Ports are, follow Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager -> Ports (COM & LPT). This will inform you which COM ports the BlackBerry Modem is on. After that go to Control Panel -> Phone and Modem furthermore take out modem. Add the modem again by clicking the Add. You have to choose the “Standard 33600 bps Modem” rather than “Standard 56000 bps Modem” Click on Next. You will be prompted for the ports to put in this modem to. put in this modem toward all COM ports which RIM Virtual sequential Port is on. You have to select the “Standard 33600 bps Modem” for the reason that mismatched AT commands which result in the Error 628.