Thread: Need Mini displayport to displayport adapter

Need Mini displayport to displayport adapter

Good day. I just got myself a new monitor with display port. I am thinking that I should get the mini displayport to displayport adapter from the apple store, however no chance. If you have any proposal on such a converter adapter or else cable please let me know. I have establish this one Gefen Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort Adapter but not certain. Any assist or information would be appreciated. Thanks once more.

Re: Need Mini displayport to displayport adapter

You can buy a cable that has a mini display port on one end, and a standard display port plug on the other. It would be a male-to-male cable. Not sure I'm allowed to post a link to a product, but you will find the cable if you do a search for it. There are a couple of big internet retailers that carry it. I'm using one myself. I used the Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter (female) Cable for Apple Mac along with 25ft HDMI to HDMI Cable Premium Gold Series HDMI Certified to connect my iMac to my HDTV. The picture is fantastic! Don't pay for overpriced cables--these work great!

Hi everyone just wanted to obtain some information I thought would be helpful. Last week I had my 13 " Macbook air and buy a mini-DisplayPort to DisplayPort adapter monoprice.com standard on the way to connect to the TV . And had a DisplayPort to HDMI cable I used by means of my old laptop, Lenovo W510, Lenovo, as the new Macbook air, is able of passing audio all the way through DisplayPort, and uses it regularly with my HDTV. I thought all I had to do the similar with my MBA is an adapter to go from mini to standard size. Well, it did not function. Video was well but no sound. My HDTV shows well inside the lineup, however the Preferences tab of the sound system the just device which has been shown to my MBA internal speaker. I determined to go in a dissimilar direction and I buy a HDMI cable to minidisplayport Amazon for use through an extra HDMI cable which I contain. And it functions like a charm.

The Dynex Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter is obtainable from Best Buy, offers video and audio via HDMI. I established this through my 27-inch iMac running 10.6.6. Output has to modify their course preferences HDMI, however it works in fact. I am listening to my iTunes all the way through my TV at the moment I type. If you require to go to the CDM HDMI, just purchase a cable for $ 7 to do in place of going to the DP MDL DP and after that take HDMI.