Thread: How to charge Sony ericsson w580i through USB

How to charge Sony ericsson w580i through USB

I'm searching on how to charge my Sony Ericsson w580i through USB without going into file transfer mode. If I simply contain my USB cable and desire to charge my mobile through my PC it forces me to go into file transfer mode. Once I do that I can't utilize the thing any longer. If I overlook the prompt it will say it is charging but it doesn't in fact perform it. I so thinking it was just slow as it regularly is with the USB charge but the mobile just died I'd also like to be capable to use USB/Car lighter or USB/wall adaptors but they don't appear to work also. What could I do in order to do this?

Re: How to charge Sony ericsson w580i through USB

I don’t think that there is any appropriate solution for your problem and some have this type of feature but in Xperia I don’t think so that this feature is applicable. I have mine that also charge through the USB after selecting the file transfer mode. I looked inside the setting of the cell phone I don’t find out. So I don’t think that there is any methods do it on your cell phone. Many people are trying but they also unsuccessful in doing this so my suggestion try it through the file transfer mode only.

When you plug the cell phone inside your computer, you will require choosing phone mode for the charging for this you will require to alter the setting of the charging through USB mode only and it should work it well on the w580i cell phone. I performed this with 4 w580's as well as 2 w810's and a w300 and it works on all of them. Keeps the phone turned on and charges. It is actually slow doing it through the computer, but it does charge. Just take care that during inserting the cell phone the USB charging setting must be ON your cell phone otherwise I don’t think that it will charge.

You will require to go to service menu of the w580i and select the on PHONE PUSh option > * < < * < * go to service settings and change charging to "ON". This is to be set properly inside the cell phone. It will charge but simply if connected to a computer and then you require for choosing File Transfer/phone/print mode. In case you require to select it on your cell phone. This method works but takes lot of time of time to charge the cell phone from the usb. From charger it barely takes 1 to 2 hrs and from USB it takes more than 4 hrs to completely fill the battery. So you can think which one better.

HI, I also have a same problem in my W700i phone. once I connect to computer through USB cable to download photos from phone, its stop charging from wall charger and only charge throu USB. is there any setting for restart charging through wall charger. thanks. Kaushik