Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10: How to remove Voicemail notification

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10: How to remove Voicemail notification

I purchased a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 recently on my birthday and I have problem regarding the voil mail icon because the voicemail icon is ON for all time is at the top of the display screen of my Xperia X10. I slide down the window and it informs me New Voicemail, Voicemail number unidentified even though there are no messages on my voicemail was appeared on the screen. Anyone have any proposal to get rid of this voice mail icon when I don’t have any incoming message? There is no "Clear" key at the top right of the screen for clearing it and will only clear other notifications. So anyone have any idea then please reply me on this post.

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10: How to remove Voicemail notification

This is ok with me as think so since it usually happens when you have voice mail on your cell phone, because I have a Droid and I receive email notifications (or VM or SMS notifications if I desire, but I turned off all that things and just have it email me post). I just switch off the setting of the voice mail notification by disabling the incoming messages for voice mails on my mobile. I m quite happy with that. My friend uses an old flip-phone with no data plan, and not contain any way to be inform that she has voicemail is a contract breaker.

Yeah it happened to me also, so I tried different ways in order to get rid of this problem inside my cell phone. At last I just had a chat with the AT&T to converse about this problem inside my cell phone. So they inform me to remove the battery for a while and restart the cell phone by again placing the battery and observe I m getting the same result or not. I done what they have told to me and after doing my voice mail notification is gone and now I m happy with that.

If you swap your voicemail provider to other voicemail by replacing you SIM card, your previous provider's email service is one way or another still attached to your phone's voicemail notification system. I had one new voicemail on my previous email account when I switched to other provider, and no matter how many messages I had in the previous one, my mobile for all time said there was one new message. I just neutralize previous provider temporary (*77), checked and remove all my previous voice mails through the new sim, and then reactivated (*72). Currently my voicemail notification stuff NEVER shows up.

This are the steps in order to get rid of the problem you hve in your cell phone:
    • Go to your phone’s desktop and select the menu button which is on the center.
    • From the various icons select the Settings and look for the call icon.
    • Select the icon of the call in order to find the voice mail notification.
    • Just select the voice mail notification from the list and select the option clear ALL and you will easily clear all the mail.
    • Get out of the menu and see you are getting the same problem or not