Thread: How to scroll in new Blackberry OS 6 Webkit Browser?

How to scroll in new Blackberry OS 6 Webkit Browser?

Hello everyone, I have a blackberry Bold 9700. I have installed the new Blackberry OS 6 on my phone. I have this issue in the new WebKit browser that if we try to open full html web 2.0 pages, it frames on pages where there are no scroll bars available, the content can go. Has anyone faced the similar problem like this? I tried various key combination but nothing helped. Also if any solution to this or advice which i might be missing, welcomed...

Re: How to scroll in new Blackberry OS 6 Webkit Browser?

I think mine too is a similar problem, I am using Blackberry 9780 and this has been happening. My cursor suddenly disappears and then reappears. Also the web pages somtimes frame and the scroll bars disappear. Although when i try to scroll the pages it does scroll up and down but i cannot find where the cursor is, so to find it out i have to click and if it clicks a link i dont get an accurate position of it. I started facing this problem recently on operating system 6, But on this same OS i never had any issues in the past. Any way to go?

Does this happen with only full html websites or even the mobile and wap sites? I think its the web browser's fault. Not sure, but this could be it. Cause two different phone and similar issue. That to on a touch and non-touch phone. I think you get your phones checked if it has any kind of software issues. BB is good at after sales service too. But you might have to leave your phone there for a day or two and you will loose data.

Try to clear cache and check if that works? Follow these steps :
    • Go to Menu
    • Go to Options
    • Go to Clear Cache & Cookies
    • Do not delete history
    • Reload the webpage

Note : This might not work always, but trying is harmless...

Even i have a same problem : cursor disappearing randomly. I have this problem since quite a long time. Some one suggested me that it might be due to too many tabs open. Since then I open only have one tab. But still this problem remains. Also this problem only occurs when of full websites and not on wap or mobile sites. One other problem is, at time the browser will stop responding making the entire phone unresponsive. Now at this stage pulling the battery is the only solution. What may be the problem? Since i face these problems, i use opera mini on my BB which is very awful...