Thread: Can rooting and using custom ROM improve reception or 3G problems?

Can rooting and using custom ROM improve reception or 3G problems?

I have an android phone which is full of problems. The network is all messed up, it comes and goes and somtimes doesn't come back untill i reboot the device. I have correct network settings but still 3G refuses to start. It is a Samsung Galaxy 5 phone. Samsung says its probably a software problem. What shall i do? Shall i go an root the device? Will it improve or worsen the situation? I want to get a nice network with 3G reception. Please help

Re: Can rooting and using custom ROM improve reception or 3G problems?

Does your samsung galaxy has warranty left? If Samsung says its a defective phone, better give it to them for replacement or repairs whatever happens. But get it rectified while it is under warranty. Also dont root your phone now, you can always do it so wait and let samsung solve this problem. but before you install custom rom make sure to take a backup of your phone. Also try removing unwanted applications. Free up some memory, that might help too...

Custom ROMs really cannot help in reception problem as it might be the hardware problem or the network provider or may be your sim card. Although sometimes someone may tell you to make changes in the build.prop file to get a better reception but what i believe is not true. You can try all that but untill your phone is under warranty, let samsung handle the problem for now.

I guess i will have to give my phone to the samsung gallery for the problem i'm facing. Lets see what those people say. They said that i will get my phone the next day as it is just a software issue. My friend has a similar problem with micromax android phone and he got it back the next day but shortly again started having the same problem. And now the micromax people said they will send the phone to the head office for repairs/replacement whatever will be relevant. That process will take 45-60 days for micromax. I dont know the time frame for samsung. I hope this does not happen with me.

Network reception can be also caused due to a faulty sim card. Try changing your sim card and check it with someone else's sim card before getting a replaced sim. And yes, micromax a60's after sales service for replacement is too bad. I brought the micromax a60 android phone a month ago and i gave them for replacement. I awating the replacement which they claimed to be the exactly what you said 45-60 days. Well form a year's warranty, 2 months are already taken by them. Hope when the phone comes back, it wont have any other issue. I had this issue that when i try to restore default factory settings, it woul reboot and stick at the micromax logo. Hope for the best!