Thread: I am looking for a mifi type application in my Motorola Milestone

I am looking for a mifi type application in my Motorola Milestone

I have got a Motorola Milestone and was searching for a "mifi" type application (I had JoikuSpot for the Symbian that was really awesome ), but I do not notice any application similar to this in the Android Market then I fall across the notice of the Milestone2 , that states mifi is built into it. According to the quote, it seems as if all OS2.2 will have the mifi as standard. Is that right? And if so, is that somewhat the carriers will obstruct?

re: I am looking for a mifi type application in my Motorola Milestone

Well with the Nexus 2.2 provides you that capability. For all other android devices I am certain it will rely on the provider. the majority will remove/obstruct it. It does arrive with 2.2, but they will charge you an additional $20 per month. However, you can search it and get it at no cost. The galaxy S from bell arrives with "Mobile AP" right out from box with 2.1. It is activated correctly in the settings but I notice it shown as an application in progressed task manager. I doubt if it could be copied into other phones , but I think you got your query being answered ...

Well if I want to say something being posted in the above post, it is something your carrier asked Samsung to take in on the phone, is likely to cost a month based fee of predefined sum .Android 2.2 comes with its own wifi and USB tethering solution, which would be free of charge. However, the majority of carriers will have the manufacturers take away them, and replace with their own, before they launch the updates.I know these things differ by carrier, but actually all 3 big Canadian carriers now permit tethering on fresh HSPA 500+ MB data plans as said in the above post. I don't think Bell asked for the mobile AP specially, it seems as if it was also on the original galaxy s i9000 launched before previously in other areas of the world.

It's not somewhat the carriers will switch off, but if they someway notice you are tethering (who recognizes how, perhaps you are doing torrents or viewing a bulk of non-mobile pages, or perhaps it's all fright tactics) then they (according as per their terms usage ) will begin charging you for that per kb. Somewhat like that anyhow , it does not bother me much as I only have Edge on my Z=Nokia N1 so not tethering-friendly, and my city is filled with free wifi hotspots.