Thread: How to Sync Android phone with Outlook

How to Sync Android phone with Outlook

First of all let me tell you the important thing that that I do not use an Exchange Server in my Android smart phone. I employ Outlook for my contacts, mail, and calendar. I have heard that the Droid phones are mainly compatible with gmail contacts, mail, and calendar. Is there any application available that that I can purchase so that I can successfully hard sync my Droid phone to my laptop (Outlook) so that if I accidentally drop my Droid in the toilet, I can reinstate my Outlook information?Thanks for all the assistance in advance . I have never bought or used a Droid device before. My Device name is HTC EVO.

Re: How to Sync Android phone with Outlook

Well instead doing that why don not you just move ahead and sync your device to your gmail account (that can then sync the contacts and calendar), here I am talking about your backup I am quite sure that you can successfully sync Outlook to gmail also l...so your data will go first in your Droid and then in your gamil and and finally will update your calendar or contacts or whatever in the outlook.

To the OP - not 100% certain re numerous gmail accounts to Outlook, but I believe so, because Outlook does permit multiple IMAP accounts and gmail -> Outlook supposed to be via IMAP. That is precisely what I am discussing t - you sync the Droid to gmail through the air, and then you have your desktop outlook that is associated to your gmail accounts. I hope you have understood my points and and my assistance was of some help to you.

The EVO contains HTC sync on the complete memory card and it is believed to be able to sync to Outlook. I do not have a EVO but my colleague does and when we installed HTC sync this was believed to be one of its characteristics. I have DInc, and can sync to my Outlook calendar through the HTC software.... although I have to confess, the Sync HTC has on their website for DInc always not working, consequently I downloaded a newer edition for another HTC Android phone, and so far am quite satisfied with it. HTCSync 3.0.542 . As a long time outlook user this is exceptionally supportive